Black Lagoon - Vol. 12 Ch. 105 - L'homme sombre Pt.4

Dex-chan lover
If it the trio again i expect them to be a lot annoyed or cautious.

Last time Shenua and co helping Rock, they have to face Terminator Maid-Hound.

Fed-Kun's army
I guess that makes me either a snob or a music grandpa.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of my favourite manga but everytime there is a release I'm like 'Oh, I forgot it even existed'
Hopefully in two months tops we'll get the next one

Dex-chan lover
@Big_Boss
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
Revy risked her life to save Rock, and she does not have that much commitment to anything else. This is clearly affection.

Dex-chan lover
Page 3's translation is very very off the mark.

Especially the last two bubbles.

Edit: the first two bubbles of Page 4 too. They were talking about a sister not some backing.

Group Leader
@sdarkpaladin Yes. this was based on a speed translation I made when the chapter released. The typesetter is probably not a part of the discord and didn't keep up with the modifications. I'm gonna release a proper translation soon. I don't release anything Black-Lagoon related on mangadex, as I'm against translating licensed manga. I only translate for the black lagoon fanbase because of the long wait, and they know there that I'm not a good translator, and only there as a back-up, so they are patient as I work slowly through things.

My version will only be available in the black lagoon discord and the subreddit. I also remove everything when the official release drops.

This translation is very much off the mark at places: I made it clear to the typesetter and my condition was to add a disclaimer about that. He didn't do it. I don't think I'm gonna publish these kinds of translations anymore if people don't do what I ask. Especially when it's about the translation being wrong.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm so angry that this was published in this state without a disclaimer when it was clearly meant as a speed translation.

Thank you for pointing out the mistakes. I just don't know what I should do for people to read the accurate version, as I WON'T be releasing it here.

Power Uploader
@sirwolfeye eh? Where in your reddit posts you asked to put any disclaimer in chapter? You only mentioned
My understanding of Japanese is very basic and I myself rely on Hyaka's and official translations to clear up my misunderstandings, so there's bound to be errors.
^this in your post.
This translation is very much off the mark at places: I made it clear to the typesetter and my condition was to add a disclaimer about that. He didn't do it. I don't think I'm gonna publish these kinds of translations anymore if people don't do what I ask. Especially when it's about the translation being wrong.
I don't know about that chief, 2 days ago when I contacted you, you didn't mention ANY specific disclaimer to be put into chapter, nor that you have different/updated version of translation. But if you want to put all dogs on me and be angry, fine by me.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you did mention this:
Also, please add the disclaimer above about Hyaka.
Thats my bad, I didn't add that this translation isn't snipe of Hyakuro-scans, yet no talk about this being speed translation or any other "better" version while I contacted you.

Group Leader
No hard feelings @Big_Boss

I probably wasn't clear enough that I wanted all of the disclaimer to be mentioned. Also, around the subreddit and the discord, they knew that it was a speed translation. So I assumed you were in on the information. I'll paint it as my failure to communicate and I apologize for it.

You're always welcome to use my translations for your releases, be it "Speed Translations" or "Revised Versions". I am very easy-going, but I don't want misinformation to be spread.

I am not a good translator, and I do want people to keep that in mind they read stuff of mine.

Thank you for understanding. No hard feelings or anything. I very much appreciate the effort you put in this and would gladly collaborate more closely in the future, with condition that there's a standard disclaimer that translation might be inaccurate and that all comments about it are welcome.

To be fair when you contacted me, I didn't see the files before publication and just assumed you did add the disclaimer. It was my failure to check that too.

Power Uploader
@sirwolfeye ok, than problem is solved, a simple miscomunication :)
If you want any updates on chapter or add something, pm me, I'll reupload chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread