Blacklist genres/tags in account settings [Planned]

Dex-chan lover
Blocking tags is a planned feature. (see thread)

mod note - merged post into existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
We can currently hide series with certain kinds of tags (content rating or content warning), but it'd be nice to be able to hide series by any tag. There are some tags I know I'll never want to read a series with - horror, for example - and at the moment, looking through the new and newly updated series on the main page is annoying because there's a bunch of series I already know I don't want to read taking up space (and/or looking like I might want to read them until I see the tags). If I could say 'just never in any context show me series tagged with any of this list of tags', that would make the main page a lot more useful to me.

Dex-chan lover
Blocking tags is a planned feature. (see thread)

mod note - merged post into existing thread
Is it only for tags? I want to blacklist titles as well and/or hide what you dropped. I really want to search to find some more fantasy stuff for example but a lot of others are in the way that it completely demotivates me from looking further.

Dex-chan lover
What is taking so long?
I can't even go past seven pages in Advanced Search before the mainsite hangs and locks up.
Why did the April Fools code of all things get priority to be brought back quickly over this crucial "low priority" feature that actually helps people find new manga to read more efficiently?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
What is taking so long?
I can't even go past seven pages in Advanced Search before the mainsite hangs and locks up.
Why did the April Fools code of all things get priority to be brought back quickly over this crucial "low priority" feature that actually helps people find manga to read more efficiently?
Everyone who contributes to MD is an unpaid volunteer with full-time employment and has limited time/motivation/willpower available.
If your browser is freezing on the search results, there is a problem with your browser.
April Fools was entirely frontend, this is a backend issue; these are entirely separate.

Double-page supporter
Is tag blacklisting on the menu? Any ETA if yes?

mod note - moved to existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread