BLAME!

Double-page supporter
@_MaNGa_ReAdEr_ As far as i know, he made at least 1 one shot of what it seems is after the events of this manga, but it left a lot to be desired. I can't find the actual chapter now though 😖

i think the horrific use of english sfx is the worst thing about these scans
45.jpg

0 character development. The story is more about inmerse the reader into this post apocalyptic lonely world. I highly recommend reading it with "Hyper light drifter" sountrack.

Group Leader
A very interesting manga, but it's hard to decipher what is happening in some scenes, and much is left to be questioned.

In a way, it reminds me of Dark Souls 1, where there is a heavy atmosphere that you look fondly back on, but not much in the way of story or development.

8/10 - Read if you crave atmospheric compositions.

@Aureliano well i read it and still thinking if the author nihei himself going to create a plot twist that connected to the new serie now still the updated really slow like turtle😦

For the whole damn time I was like, "wtf is happening here". How the hell did all of this even started?

I keep seeing both you around the comments for I am a Hero and other stuff. Neither of y’all liked the ending... I can’t understand why lol

Man this is hard to read. I want to like it, but I can barely see what's going on.

Double-page supporter
Setting explained for those confused:
Humans created an automated city run by ai. Only people with normal human dna "net terminal genes" can give commands to the ai. A disaster causes human dna to be irreversibly mutated. With no to control it the city keeps expanding until it consumes the earth. The Safeguard ai doesn't recognize the mutant humans as people and tries to exterminate them. As the city expands it begins to break down into chaos. A new race of cyborg humans called Silicon Life emerges and seeks to maintain that chaos so that the Safeguard won't be able to eliminate them. Killy was created long ago, tasked with finding a human with net terminal genes to set things right if this situation ever occurred.

@Turkeyjerkey I have to disagree at one point:

killy weren't created, he was a human, like you can see at the last page of noise,he was a cop or smth similar, and sanakan were most likely musubi. Killy probably got his new body in the process of the story between noise and blame

And those who didn't get the end:
the child is a Carrier of the net terminal gene. The child itself is created artificially, bc there weren't any other carriers of the gene(most likely) that's why they decided to create an artificial one...

Double-page supporter
@Herrgast
The final chapter of NOiSE is the protoype one-shot Nihei wrote in 1995. Despite sharing the title and character name for Killy, it's not canonically related to Blame! 1997. The rest of NOiSE was written after Blame! 1997. It's possible Sanakan was created from a template of Musubi, but this is never confirmed. It's also possible that Killy is a human-turned safeguard like Musubi, but again, I don't believe this is ever confirmed in Blame!, details of the past are quite sparse.

Dex-chan lover
@CheerTheDead it's quite a basic premise, but there isn't much exposition and the gaps are enormous.

Killy is a more ancient safeguard with a mission of finding this pure human dna to probably birth humans who can control the ai that builds the megastructure without control. The cyborgs want the megastructure to go infinetly to avoid the safeguards. The safeguards exist to erradicate non pure humans like cyborgs.

A reduced version is humans vs mutants but no one is on the steering wheel or know what a steering wheel is through the eyes of the characters of these particular events, no bell and whistles, no lore, just things are like this. A story about the most advanced absolute decadence possible.

Users who are viewing this thread