BlastComic Scans

Blast Comics Scans - Thanks so much for bringing us two chapters of Saijou no Meii. I've enjoyed this manga since the first chapter was posted on batoto (or it might have been onemanga, back in the day). At any rate, I thought the English translation was going to wither on the vine like Tomehane! or Natsu no Arashi, and I was really pleased to find not one, but two new chapters tonight. You folks rock! And your English grammar is really good (Mom was an English major) which is icing on the cake. I don't mind poor translations (as a monolingual idiot, it would be the height of hubris if I did), but bad grammar does jar a little bit, and yours is always spot on. Again... Thanks a lot. (And if you are looking for other manga to scanlate, please don't hesitate to ask for my very biased opinion!!!)

Hi, thanks for your work. I wonder if you plan to scan the missing chapters of Nube? Or are they available somewhere not on mangadex?

Really looking forward to the last 17 chapters for Tanaka-kun is always listless. If I could, I would apply to help but I have no experience so I'd just hold you back. I wish you guys the best and a Happy New Year! (Well, Happy New Year 3 days from now)

@Dem I know that I'm very inexperienced, but I want to know what a typesetter does because maybe I can help out.

I know how to use photoshop so maybe that'll help?

P.S - Sorry for pinging you so late at night, I'm just reading manga till I fall asleep until I saw this thread.

Dem

Group Leader
@Suirel
We have the translations in an Sheets file, and we have cleaned or semi-cleaned (i.e. Japanese text has been removed) files for the pages. Typesetters are responsible for putting the text in the translation sheet onto the pages where they belong, and then altering fonts/word placement/effects and such to make it look good/easy to read/etc. We have lists of fonts and approximate sizes so that each chapter looks consistent, but there's also a creative component in that you adapt the text to fit whatever the page gives you, and you're also free to do whatever you like with the typesetting so long as overall the chapter still looks like it came from the same group.

Hope that answers your question, feel free to ask more if it doesn't.

@Dem I think I can do that since I'm planning to major in graphic design. Do you think I could try typesetting for you? I'd like to help out as much as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread