Blood on the Tracks - Vol. 11 Ch. 94 - That Face

Dex-chan lover
With the return of the Mangadex forums, I can finally post this (Apologies for it being a bit overdue).
This chapter,as well as the 2 chapters after this, is officially where Oshimi lost me on this series. Those chapters completely broke my Suspension of Disbelief for this series. Everything about this chapter, the 9 chapters before and the 2 after this were so inexcusably bad in how contrived and ass-pully the details needed for this to happen.

Up until this point in the story, we were never given any previous indicator that Shige had the physical and mental capacity to travel to Seiichi's house by himself. The implication was that Shige had sustained brain damage from his near-fatal fall off the cliff that to the point that he was in catatonic stupor, as well as being permanently hobbled due to his entire right knee and lower right leg being completely shattered, plus his left foot being shattered. There was no reason. given previous information, for Shige to appear before Seiichi in Chapter 84.

To repeat what I said in the thread for Chapter 85, there was also no way Shige knew about the existence of, nor the significance of that hillside overhang ridge where Seiichi got tossed off as an toddler; it was a place, we the audience were told, only Seiichi and Seiko knew about, no else did. Shige's mom knew about the incident when Seiichi survived his mother's attempt at pedicide and brought it up as such in Chapter 66, but there was no indication that she knew about the location for Seiko's pedicide attempt & thus couldn't tell Shige about it. This is the worst and unforgivable part of the contrivances that led to Shige's death and Seiichi going to Juvenile Jail.

I'm not going to drop this series, I'm well into Sunk Cost Fallacy with this series. I just know that whatever eventual end this series comes to will never be as good as the ending he had set up 10 chapters before this chapter with Seiichi finally being freed from his mother and getting on with his life, being able to heal with Fukiishi's help.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
This just does not work in my opinion. It absolutely baffles me if he really did push him off the cliff and became his mother after all that talk about confornting his feelings. He talked about the stuff his mother did to him and how it really messed him up and killed him as a person and now they are saying that the mother succeeded in making Sei the same being as her and destroying his own personality. This is gneuinely not the way I was expecting it to go but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread