Blood on the Tracks - Vol. 17 Ch. 153 - A Quiet Space

Fed-Kun's army
People forget that most of Oshimi's work follow an autobiographical tendency
I will add that (obviously) he didn't go through this level of abuse but apparently his mother was controlling and even ripped up a love letter he got from a girl in middle school.

It's probably just my lack of knowledge and amount of mangas read lmao, but I think it ended in the best way it could've ended in, even if he went through all for nothing in the simplest way possible, there were times I wished that seiichi did end his life, but there were also times I was glad that he was still alive until now, the mangaka did a great job on expressing and presenting the situation, it felt as if I was seiichi himself, all his thoughts, feelings, his senses, from sight to taste was all I was feeling, I'd feel dread, peace, happiness and more, at the start, I was awfully confused, then it went to understanding and acceptance, and back to confusion, like a loop, like how seiichi could not escape his mother, and everytime he found peace for himself he would crawl back to the person who put him through hell and over, whether it was his fault or her's, and I felt this feeling, I can't explain it, when his father died, and when he met his mother again, and from taking care of her to her death, this feeling was lingering over me, it was probably paranoia, but it wasn't in a negative way, at the same time it was, I couldn't stand the feeling, so when it came to the end where seiichi finally grew up, matured, and couldn't remember his mother's face, the feeling washed away, it brought me back to where I was, reading the manga, and not in seiichi's body, it made me feel so happy, that everything came to an end, his father passed peacefully and seiichi fulfilled his wishes, ending the relationship not with distance but with acceptance, even if it was after his death, he finally understood his mother, the increasing anxiety over him over, his childhood crush living knowing the boy she loved and couldn't stay with, the boy she related to so much was also in a stable situation, and that, even if his mother wasn't completely gone that smile of hers wouldn't stay any longer, but anyways I'll stop yapping now I'll just say I don't think I'll ever experience this feeling again

Users who are viewing this thread