Blood on the Tracks - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Bench

Supporter
The more I read this, the more similarities I see between it and Aku no Hana:

Instead of an abusive classmate, there's an abusive parent, who binds the MC to their will through various forms of manipulation (and secrets).
There's a childhood crush (with a secret issue) who just can't seem to leave the MC alone no matter how much they're pushed away. This crush is disliked by the abuser.
There are friends that are okay in the beginning, but gradually misunderstand and dislike the MC.
Parental figures don't understand the MC's inner turmoil at all.
The town setting is very similar.
Some of the characters look similar.

I realize that the story itself is different, in plot and direction, but there are enough similarities to where one finds themselves making frequent comparisons. Is this bad? I suppose that depends on how it plays out in the end.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like F is for 'Fukiishi' vibes are gonna come in the future... and I don't like it ;-;

So fuckin wholesome man. If it weren't for those terrifying moments we wouldn't be able to appreciate ones like these

Double-page supporter
The more I read this, the more similarities I see between it and Aku no Hana:

Instead of an abusive classmate, there's an abusive parent, who binds the MC to their will through various forms of manipulation (and secrets).
There's a childhood crush (with a secret issue) who just can't seem to leave the MC alone no matter how much they're pushed away. This crush is disliked by the abuser.
There are friends that are okay in the beginning, but gradually misunderstand and dislike the MC.
Parental figures don't understand the MC's inner turmoil at all.
The town setting is very similar.
Some of the characters look similar.

I realize that the story itself is different, in plot and direction, but there are enough similarities to where one finds themselves making frequent comparisons. Is this bad? I suppose that depends on how it plays out in the end.
A lot of Shuzuo's work is autobiographical I wouldn't be surprised if this is also set in Gunma

Fed-Kun's army
I really really love Fukiishi. She seems to be the only person who actually gives a damn about him. It's so sweet to see her sit down with him, talk to him, and actually empathize with him. For to actually make an attempt to understand him while everyone else ignored his issues is so special and such a relief for poor Sei. I really hope nothing bad happens to her I love her character am. And she's exactly what Sei needs right now since he has no one else.

Fed-Kun's army
Poor Sei. I kinda see myself in him a bit because when I was his age a lot of my issues were ignored. I wish that someone was able to see I was struggling instead of assuming I was just tryna be difficult.

Fed-Kun's army
I really really love Fukiishi. She seems to be the only person who actually gives a damn about him. It's so sweet to see her sit down with him, talk to him, and actually empathize with him. For to actually make an attempt to understand him while everyone else ignored his issues is so special and such a relief for poor Sei. I really hope nothing bad happens to her I love her character am. And she's exactly what Sei needs right now since he has no one else.
@RiverChamploo yeah she is my only hope from this story now. Every chapter feels traumatizing and scary but when she comes to talk to Sei it soothes it a little bit. I know it is stupid but I cannot help but hope that somehow this manga has atl east a bittersweet ending which probably will not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread