Blood on the Tracks

Compare his mom's face in ch. 129 and 139. She was old and haggard but now she's old with her good looks. Does that mean anything, like a burden being lifted or maybe the editor told the author to change her? Either way, I'm glad because her face is what made the story, would be a shame to make her too unrecognizable.

Generational trauma is a fucked up thing and many people experience these kinds of things in real life. I hope Oshimi Shuzo will at least give our mc a good ending where he has therapy and people who understand him and gives a shit

Dex-chan lover
Can we change the titles BACK to the original translation and not the localized titles?

i know that a lot of people are disappointed with the ending, but as someone who this story really resonated with, i really appreciated it. it gave me closure for the story and helped me draw parallels with my own life.

ez3

It was okay.
A lot of chapters saying nothing or just slow pace.
I think it tried to show something in the beginning and reverse it in an weird way up to the end.
A certain chapter just convinced that this twist would not be that satisfactory to read.
Anyways is good enough.

Supporter
All the way up until the early 80's in chapters, this series was incredibly interesting, if not confounding at times. It really should have ended shortly after Saeko was released from jail; I can't even remember what exact chapter that was. Showing her slowly deteriorate into a lifeless husk seemed really unnecessary. There was a subtle but growing shift in the art style, too. I can tell that at several points, Oshimi tries to put the shocking images that were once so impactful in the earlier chapters, but after 120 or so, it just didn't stir the same level of emotions as in the past. I know that some people will say that there was so much meaning in all the imagery without any text, but I couldn't retain attention for it all; perhaps a failing on my part.

The last conversation Saeko and Seichii had, even though it was just a dream, you would think that some powerful emotions would be conveyed, but no. It just boiled down to Seichii first saying he loved his mother, and then saying he hated his mother and wanted her to hurry up and die. Was Oshimi just trolling us with that silly conversation? Seichii then no longer wanted to kill himself, at least. Yuiko never forgot about him, either; I had envisioned she and Seichii eventually getting together at some earlier point, but nope, she married discount Harry Potter. I kind of feel bad for the guy: his mannerisms are kind of a lot like Seichii's; did Yuiko consider him just a good enough replacement? I am thankful Oshimi finished this work, but talk about coasting to a limp and lazy stop.

if you're thinking of reading this god please don't it will break you and when you begin to put the pieces back together it will break you again, and again and again.
You will not be the same person you were before reading

This manga was hella interesting at the start but fell off hard at the end ngl. It was pretty good tho. Very realistic too i guess.

it was an interesting read, and a quick one also, this author works often have little dialog with lots of panels showing the character expressions, and i have to highlight the great attention to such expressions and their variety, i still remember seiko's face of disgust when she found seichi's underwear, seichi's strugling face while trying to speak, seichi's aunt wide smile and her face of rage when confronting seiko, truly the expressions are the peak of the art in this manga, backgrounds were fine but nothing special.

When it comes to the plot, if there was a message, what was it?
that even if a troubled past shaped our life there arent wounds that time cant heal? that with time, those awful experiences we once went through will become so distant than they will no longer hold any influence over our life? that holding on to resentment just make us unable to live happy fullfilling lifes? besides the message that it may have i dont get the reasons behind seiko actions, like, we are shown she was treated like an unwanted child and had a hard time making friends, that she felt distant from her close ones, but i felt it was a little lackluster, sure, she didnt have a nice childhood or teenager years but she still managed to make a couple of friends and even a longterm boyfriend before having seichi, then why was she so dissastfied with her life? and how this dissatisfaction turned into an attempted murder against her own son? and the fact that when she realizes seichi actually didnt die she just gets annoyed and backtracks her plans of murder suicide, it felt so silly, so nonsensical, like it was something she did without any real commitment and all of this in order for what? she could always have left, and in fact, she does during the trial, why wait so much to do something? one may say it was because of social expectations but then again, was seiko the kind of women that will oblige to such social expectations? the constant criticism she got from others never got her to be any less overprotective of seichi and obviously didnt prevent her from trying to kill his little child, and when she does leave she does nothing but work dead end jobs to sustain herself, no big dream, no big change in her life, just a small room and a cat, why was all that for? she made so many people miserable for nothing but mediocrity, but wait, maybe thats the point, that life is trail, and that at the end of such trail all of our actions are irrelevant whatever evil, like seiko, or good, like ichiro, we did during our life, time will make sure its all forgotten to the point no one even remembers our face, but wait, no, i refuse, i refuse such notion, life is indeed a trail, but how and with whom do we traverse is up to us, no matter what, or who happened to us in the previous portions of such trail it always up to us to decide how we go on this trail, happines is there, right in front of you, SEIZE IT, or maybe not, but i much prefer the latter interpretation, anyway, i liked it, i give it an 8 out of 10

what a horrifying and depressing journey this was... seiichi really deserved to live peacefully and im glad he got that in the end.

It was… frustrating to read, to say the least. I really hoped that Seichi was finally going to move on from his mom before he suddenly kills his cousin. Haah… but it’s fine. Really hoped that he and Yuiko would’ve end up together but meh, its not my story.

I wish that Sei got with Yuiko. They really loved each other, I really wish that they got together and had kids so that they could both be good parents considering how they grew up. The hero can't always get the girl, I get it. I wish that she was at least shown that when she was older she still loved him, hadn't forgotten about him, missed him. It was shown that she remembered him but I would've liked if when she was shown old with Sei, if only.

Absolutely a good manga to recommend.The story about love between parent and child.But I still can't get it why the mom throw his child from the mountain and push MC's cousin down the cliff.It's confusing.In the manga,because it's beautiful,then she did it.I just don't get it.But it's still an excellent work.Worth reading.

Users who are viewing this thread