Blue Archive - The Adventure of Game Development Department! - Ch. 1 - Raising The Curtain on a Fantasy

Contributor
Aww sweet, Blue Archive! I never heard of the game, but if Mizu-Sensei is doing a series about it then I gotta trust her taste. Now let’s look it up a-

The game is free-to-play with gacha game mechanics as a means to obtain new characters.

regular-show-close-the-door.gif

Double-page supporter
I don't play Blue Archive, I'm just here for cute shenanigans from the Aharen mangaka. So, aside from Midori's untucked shirt and Momoi's ribbon, are there any other ways to easily tell them apart in black and white?

EDIT: Oh, and their hair parts in different directions, I guess?
Another difference is that Momoi have black suspender over her shirt whilie Midore don't have one

Ooh this got translated quick.

If you're unfamiliar with Blue Archive and is reading this because of the author, I highly suggest reading/watching the GDD's in-game story chapter. It's mostly self-contained compared to the rest of the main story, plus it serves as a prologue of sorts to this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was unexpected. Unlike the Problem Solver manga where Sensei is portrayed as a bespectacled, handsome man, the GDD manga portrays Sensei as a big, buff but silent guy.

I wonder if another Blue Archive spin-off manga gets serialize, will that manga portray the sensei as a woman? (Since the game makes the Sensei's gender ambiguous by calling the sensei "Them/They" and the Blue Archive anthology manga has portrayed the Sensei differently not only in looks but gender as well.)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation. Good to see the sensei role in this manga is not overwhelming, though his appearance is😂

Aww sweet, Blue Archive! I never heard of the game, but if Mizu-Sensei is doing a series about it then I gotta trust her taste. Now let’s look it up a-

regular-show-close-the-door.gif

You can start now if you want. The characters levelling is a bit pain at start as it scales by player's (sensei) but you can catch up with veterans soon enough, the hard cap is stuck at lvl 87 for a while now. They really let you blow through story missions except for event challenges which is actually tough.

They make money by NOT giving the pickup characters though, if you want someone, do it with intention to spark😂

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Well that was unexpected. Unlike the Problem Solver manga where Sensei is portrayed as a bespectacled, handsome man, the GDD manga portrays Sensei as a big, buff but silent guy.

I wonder if another Blue Archive spin-off manga gets serialize, will that manga portray the sensei as a woman? (Since the game makes the Sensei's gender ambiguous by calling the sensei "Them/They" and the Blue Archive anthology manga has portrayed the Sensei differently not only in looks but gender as well.)
I doubt we'll ever see a female sensei, since most of the fanbase recognize sensei as a male and that's even encouraged by the developers (like some media like this and some situations in game that don't make sense if sensei was a female)

Dex-chan lover
I doubt we'll ever see a female sensei, since most of the fanbase recognize sensei as a male and that's even encouraged by the developers (like some media like this and some situations in game that don't make sense if sensei was a female)
I've seen a good bit of female sensei art tbh

Aizen-sensei for the PS68 manga, now Machio-sensei for the GDD manga... I wonder what Sensei the Make-up Work Club would have if they got a manga... hmm...

Double-page supporter
I don't play Blue Archive, I'm just here for cute shenanigans from the Aharen mangaka. So, aside from Midori's untucked shirt and Momoi's ribbon, are there any other ways to easily tell them apart in black and white?

EDIT: Oh, and their hair parts in different directions, I guess?
Momoi have looser jacket while Midori is on her shoulder (also she wore spats)

Users who are viewing this thread