Blue Box (Oneshot)

Contributor
This oneshot's been recieving a ton of acclaim recently in Japanese manga circles, with quite a few known mangaka commenting their interest/exceitment on it, such as:
[*]Taishi Tsutsui (We Never Learn)
[*]Rurihara Zurachy (Fechippuru)
[*]Doumoto Yuuki (Necromance)
[*]Perico (15 Minutes Till They Actually Start Dating)

I'm getting somewhat of a Baby Steps vibe from this, I feel, so I'm even more interested in seeing what all the hubbub is about.

If anybody would like to translate it, raws can be found here.

Contributor
@shafiq95 Possibly. Bokuben ends in 18 chapters. One-shots do take a while to develop into full-blown serializations (like, a whole year, at least), but it's possible for a serialization to develop is less time.

As I mentioned in the coment below yours, this oneshot seems to have been getting a lot of attention, notably from other romcom mangaka. So I wouldn't be surprised if all of the positive and constructive feedback will convince the author to serialize this, especially since WSJ is yearning for more established series and, well, Bokuben is ending soon. When we'll see the serialization, if it happens, is anybody's guess, though. There's also the possibility that this gets serialized on Jump+, since Jump tends to have more traditional romcoms.

TL;DR: It's possible, but not very likely.

I really do hope someone translates this soon, though.

I was wondering why my chest is so chilly. Turns out this manga stole my heart already 😩

Dex-chan lover
It's actually surprisingly popular, and since the author has experience doing a weekly schedule before, it's probably going to be serialized later this year.

Yo this is really great!! Really hope it gets serialized, and that they get with the confession asap as well lol. I want more stuff like Baby Steps where the two leads have a really wholesome and healthy romance and yet still have nice ambitions and priorities in life.

@Koni i kinda wish this was for jump+ more than Shōnen jump since they give more freedom but don’t know if there was a time that a oneshot from WSJ got a series on another magazine or in Jump+ before.

Dex-chan lover
Solid One-Shot. Nice art. Beautiful simple story/characters but I like the charm of his maturity and outlook in life.
Even though she initiated the invite, he was smooth with that kiss after the confession.

I like this mangaka. Wouldn't mind seeing a manga of these two as a couple. 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread