Blue Glass - Ch. 34

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the double update!

Serves the prince right. Dang, drama proceeds. But like this the princess could notice Jamal now.. Hopefully

I can't tell if she actually likes Miru or if she's just being a bitch, or both. Maybe both.

Its a twisted possessive sort of liking this girl has. Her situation is terribly painful and lonely for her and she's chosen to resign herself to resentment and revenge. However, with Miru whose situation in a way mirrors her own, I think she feels he can understand her. In her desperation, she's clinging to him as the one good thing she's come across in her life. Because she's so hateful towards the world and especially the royals, she can't understand how Miru can care about the princess (or for that matter believe that the princess cares for him). She expects him to be like her, and therefore thinks he should choose to be with her, all the while not actually looking at him for himself.

While she has cared for him, her love seems more selfish in nature. It's about her finding solace in the one thing in her life that doesn't revolve around revenge or survival. A bit of a misery loves company situation. If he leaves her, all she has is revenge again. Moreover, because she sees Miru as someone like herself, I don't think she can accept him finding a better path in life than her because that would render her choice of revenge as pointless. She seeks revenge not out of some form of noble justice but I think because she believes that's the only worthwhile path she has left for herself. To find out otherwise would devastate her so its easier to convince herself that Miru is the one who's being foolish.

WoW!
I love how you can easily separating characters in this story in good and bad ones!

@Aeriandra: when you were talking about "a twisted possessive sort of liking THIS GIRL has" I though you're talking about the princess herself, lol.
"In her desperation, she's clinging to him as the one good thing she's come across in her life". This line applies to princess too. But she is the FL and she's expected to have more sympathy from readers, so...

I don't see true, selfless, love by anyone here (other than Jamalta maybe)...
Just desperation, sadness, loneliness, rage, madness, confusion, longing... But not love.

I sincerely can't blame (or condone) anyone here. I merely am here to see where all this will lead us.
This is not a love story to me but a tragedy, indeed. Beautiful story but tragedy...

@Kurapika_89 I agree for sure that everyone is working their own angles or has their own form of selfishness that comes out. I was just more analyzing that character's affection for Miru rather than comparing it to someone else. I don't hate her either. I don't necessarily agree with her or whatnot, but I can understand how she came to be the way she is. I think that's what makes this story so good is that the characters are layered and often exist or make choices that fall in the grey.

@Aeriandra: Oh, I am sorry if I was abrupt earlier.
No, your comment was very balanced and devoid of condemnation (I was referring to other comments) but I was not very clear in effect... Sorry again.
Yeah, it's almost impossible to pick a side here.

PS Just an observation... Oddly I remember Jamalta and Miru's names... But not the girls' names (slave and princess). WHY??? ^_^|||

Thank you so much for the translation as always!!!!

I've read some talks about people thinking the princess will end up with Miru, but in my opinion, I can't even fathom Sol ending up with anyone OTHER than Jamalta lmao. I feel like she and Miru do love each other, but as siblings/friends only; perhaps it might be bc of Jamalta's prophecy at the beginning of the story where he'd fall for a girl, but it never specified that those feelings would be reciprocated?

This story is too good but raws have stopped updating since last year not sure if they will continue T-T - although this did happen back in 2018. This story's amazing and the artwork is simply breathtaking so I hope that they will decide to continue it. I'd like some really good series to binge if anyone can recommend any similar manhwa/manga? This story reminds me of yona of the dawn

Again, thanks for all your hard work for scanlations 💖

Users who are viewing this thread