Blue Glass - Ch. 39

Thanks for the update! Love this series it just develops more layers of emotion and complexity

Thanks for the update! I want her so much to stay with Jamalta, but I think it will end in tragedy ...

Fed-Kun's army
If this ends up in a tragedy im throwing myself out of a window. PLEASE no no no. I want jamalta x princess to sail by the end :’(((( also when will she get a yona glowup and turn badass? She’s still so naive and it’s frustrating ngl she’s been travelling for a while now so shouldn’t she already be accustomed to the hard reality outside of the palace walls? It’s frustrating but I’ll wait for her glow-up if it ever comes.

...this manhwa keeps making me wanna cry

@likklnisa Really hoping for a character growth soon. Maybe she won't be as badass as Yona, but as long as she's not so unbearably naive.

Not the beautiful face!!! Mind you scars will probably just make him look more ruggedly handsome...

While it would be cool in a sense for the princess to develop a bold and brave side, I like that this story doesn't rush that development. Not only did she grow up as a princess, but she grew up in a very twisted and abusive home. To even draw the slightest bit of attention from her brothers could be disastrous. In such a household its not surprising for her to become very submissive, meek and easily frightened. Moreover, she hasn't really received any useful education or training. All she really knows how to do is dance and sing. She hasn't been taught about the world, politics, combat, strategy, etc. She also barely ever got to step outside her home so she didn't have a chance to learn by experience or from someone on the outside. She can't help but be naïve. While it may seem like she's been travelling for a while now, it hasn't really been that long and like anything you're exposed to the first time, its going to take a bit process it all.

However this innocence she has, while at times frustrating to the men she knows, is also what touched them. She isn't domineering, egotistical or conniving like a lot of the people they come across. What I'm hoping to see is just as she accepted the outsiders Jamalta and Miru, they'll help her to accept herself enough to realize she can be more. While it might be interesting to see her physically fight, I think it's her developing inner strength that I'm really looking forward to.

Double-page supporter
@Aeriandra
Well said! I'd like this one where she makes use of her feminine qualities. There are very few stories portraying that.

That said thanks for the update! Looking forward to the next :)

Dex-chan lover
@Aeriandra well said, i agree with your thoughts. some people seem too used to a hackneyed portrayal of a "strong woman" as one who physically fights (and generally displays strength in a masculine sense) that they overlook or devalue characters like Seol. and really, she's the protagonist, you have to give her time to develop. and she changes every chapter i'd say, it's just subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread