Blue Lock - Ch. 266 - Superstar

Dex-chan lover
One chapter to finalize Kaiser's shot. And it's not even split chapters bruh :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Whole chapter for that single goal. Honestly glad Kaiser didn't fumble again lol. Cause it would be pretty sad though funny for him to miss after all that backstory and everything

Dex-chan lover
The whole chapter was just one goal + flashbacks we have already seen? If this manga had the art quality of Haikyuu, it would have been dead. Nomura Yuusuke got one for the team.
Why are you reading it weekly anyway? I don‘t get why you guys do that. I just waited a few months and read the last ~30 chapters over the last three days. Good flow, very pleasing experience!
95% of the time there is no advantage reading chapters of any manga as soon as they come out. Makes no sense.

You guys need to learn some discipline and delayed gratification.
And now I‘m out until ~November again.

Power Uploader
Why are you reading it weekly anyway? I don‘t get why you guys do that. I just waited a few months and read the last ~30 chapters over the last three days. Good flow, very pleasing experience!
95% of the time there is no advantage reading chapters of any manga as soon as they come out. Makes no sense.

You guys need to learn some discipline and delayed gratification.
And now I‘m out until ~November again.
Because no one wants to sit on the chapters while everyone finishes reading it, discussing about it, all while carrying the risk of getting spoiled.

Double-page supporter
ness truly was a fraud. he meatrides kaiser for 100 chapters and then gets beat by kiyora who had a half a chapter worth of screentime and actually made kaiser get a goal, rest in piss ness

Double-page supporter
I feel like Kaisers offers won’t increase cause all the football clubs will say it’s a great goal but he can only do it when the ball ain’t moving

Group Leader
Because no one wants to sit on the chapters while everyone finishes reading it, discussing about it, all while carrying the risk of getting spoiled.
But isn't that just self-induced FOMO? If you enjoy more binge-reading why would you force yourself like that with your own hobbies, just because others are doing it?

Obv you do you tho, to each their own in finding balance on how they like things.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean I never get spoiled with the 40-50 manga I follow… maybe don‘t hang out in spaces where these manga are discussed? lol

You can do what you want of course. But when I read so many comments about how the “pacing is shit“ in pretty much every manga I can‘t help but think that you guys aren‘t the sharpest tools in the box.
But if you are okay with the pacing, then everything‘s fine.

Power Uploader
But isn't that just self-induced FOMO? If you enjoy more binge-reading why would you force yourself like that with your own hobbies, just because others are doing it?

Obv you do you tho, to each their own in finding balance on how they like things.
I mean I never get spoiled with the 40-50 manga I follow… maybe don‘t hang out in spaces where these manga are discussed? lol

You can do what you want of course. But when I read so many comments about how the “pacing is shit“ in pretty much every manga I can‘t help but think that you guys aren‘t the sharpest tools in the box.
But if you are okay with the pacing, then everything‘s fine.
So your prerequisite for enjoying the manga you read is "just simply don't be in the spaces where it's discussed" by that, you mean the internet? Good on you that you have never been spoiled by the social media algorithm, it doesn't work the same for everyone. And it's not like this is one of the shitty Japanese isekai #46239. It's Blue Lock. It's an understatement to say that it's only a fairly popular manga.

You don't get spoiled with the 40-50 manga you follow? What a shocker of a number! Listen man, it's really not as simple as "uh... erm... just don't be in the spaces where it's being discussed". Besides, people are reading the manga how it's supposed to be read. So it's a completely valid complaint that you can just ignore if it doesn't apply to you. There's no rulebook where it says "You must binge read or you can't complain about the pacing" but generally it is expected of manga to have good pacing according to the schedule they choose to be in.

Group Leader
So your prerequisite for enjoying the manga you read is "just simply don't be in the spaces where it's discussed" by that, you mean the internet? Good on you that you have never been spoiled by the social media algorithm, it doesn't work the same for everyone. And it's not like this is one of the shitty Japanese isekai #46239. It's Blue Lock. It's an understatement to say that it's only a fairly popular manga.

You don't get spoiled with the 40-50 manga you follow? What a shocker of a number! Listen man, it's really not as simple as "uh... erm... just don't be in the spaces where it's being discussed". Besides, people are reading the manga how it's supposed to be read. So it's a completely valid complaint that you can just ignore if it doesn't apply to you. There's no rulebook where it says "You must binge read or you can't complain about the pacing" but generally it is expected of manga to have good pacing according to the schedule they choose to be in.

It's a bit confusing to reply to this because your reply to me and the other person are kinda mixed up, but I do think it's not that hard not to be spoiled of a manga with Blue Lock's popularity unless you're in manga discussion discords, dedicated reddits and so on. The only spoilers I see sometimes with like, no prompting, are real mainstream stuff like one piece or jjk. Blue Lock ain't that popular outside of weeb spaces. And tbf, ignoring 40 chapters like in that example is actually a good way to train algorithms so they don't show you stuff.

I don't think the other person is saying you thinking the pacing is bad is not valid or can't be said, and I didn't either. What I meant answering your comment about "no one wants to be behind" is that if it's bad enough for you to mention it so often (because it's not the first time I've seen you in the comments section complaining about the pacing), maybe waiting for chapters could be better for your own enjoyment of it. Just wanted to maybe have you consider it because fighting against FOMO is something I had to do myself, and I enjoy this kinda stuff better now than I did before. I'm sorry if it came across as hostile or smth.

But some want to be part of the discussion when it happens, and that's ok. That's what I said about balance, if being up to date and discussing it makes it worth it for you to read a manga weekly despite not liking the pacing you do you.

Nowadays I personally don't care much about real-time discussion, I'll comment when I get to it anyway if I'm feeling like it, but I do read some stuff weekly and let other stuff progress before catching up when I'm bothered by boring arcs or whtv.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
It's a bit confusing to reply to this because your reply to me and the other person are kinda mixed up, but I do think it's not that hard not to be spoiled of a manga with Blue Lock's popularity unless you're in manga discussion discords, dedicated reddits and so on. The only spoilers I see sometimes with like, no prompting, are real mainstream stuff like one piece or jjk. Blue Lock ain't that popular outside of weeb spaces. And tbf, ignoring 40 chapters like in that example is actually a good way to train algorithms so they don't show you stuff.

I don't think the other person is saying you thinking the pacing is bad is not valid or can't be said, and I didn't either. What I meant answering your comment about "no one wants to be behind" is that if it's bad enough for you to mention it so often (because it's not the first time I've seen you in the comments section complaining about the pacing), maybe waiting for chapters could be better for your own enjoyment of it. Just wanted to maybe have you consider it because fighting against FOMO is something I had to do myself, and I enjoy this kinda stuff better now than I did before. I'm sorry if it came across as hostile or smth.

But some want to be part of the discussion when it happens, and that's ok. That's what I said about balance, if being up to date and discussing it makes it worth it for you to read a manga weekly despite not liking the pacing you do you.

Nowadays I personally don't care much about real-time discussion, I'll comment when I get to it anyway if I'm feeling like it, but I do read some stuff weekly and let other stuff progress before catching up when I'm bothered by boring arcs or whtv.
Well I'm not really being hostile to you and at the time of writing I didn't really feel like formatting the text to make it make more sense on which part is for whom. Most of my reply was more for the "you guys aren‘t the sharpest tools in the box" comment made by that other guy.

It's really easy to get spoiled on Twitter. You have to take extensive measures to make sure you don't get spoiled on that specific manga and even then there is a chance that some random anitwt account with the blue check will make an engagement farming tweet with some dumb caption like "WHEN THIS GETS ANIMATED>>>>" and it will be a panel from the latest chapter. I can't even blame them because they don't owe me the courtesy of not spoiling weeks after the chapter has been out. It's on me if I haven't read it yet.

I think it's better to just read it and complain about the pacing because it's valid plus you really just save a lot of time. I don't hate reading Blue Lock but I don't like everything about it either.

Users who are viewing this thread