Blue Lock - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Dream

First chapter and it's thrilling and creepy (Mr. Ego) 😱 guess this gonna be like the hunger game or something like that 🧐

This is quite late, but I can't believe anyone mentioned it, so I might as well. While Noel Noa's features might be based on Modric and Griezmann, he's clearly based on Zinedine Zidane. First of all, Zidane hasn't even been mentioned in the manga so far. Second, he's also French. Third, you can clearly make a case for him being the best striker in the world. Fourth, and that should be the most obvious hint: his name. Noel Noa, Zinedine Zidane.

Lol if it was so easy to train good midfielders or defenders then why the fuck Messi struggle so fucking much to win 1 world cup.

Dex-chan lover
This is the anti-thesis to Haikyuu I see
pretty interesting concept actually
in football unlike volleyball, each individual basically has the same skillset with the exception of the goalie
(skills may differ due to the location of the players in relation to the field, but for me it's not that big a difference since they mostly have the same training anyway)
so the need for team play is quite limited to passing the ball for a better striker position/location.
For once I agree with the concept of having to teach your player to be a bit more confident/ambitious with his play style,
if he's focusing too much about his partners feelings he misses 100% of the shots he doesn't take

I love this art and concept, really hope it doesn't end with some cliche theme about friendship

Woooooh, already managed to hype me up before the second chapter. This should be interesting...

@gregger "This is the anti-thesis to Haikyuu I see"

It is but it also kind of isn't? On defense teamwork is important and all but all spiking required a clear degree of selfishness. Hinata was the greatest decoy because he always jumped as if he was 100% certain the ball is coming to him. Even Daichi states "I'm not here to support my teammates, every one of us is here to score"

One Outs puts it really well: Teamwork isn't people thinking "my teammates are here to cover my weakness and we support each other," it's when every person is thinking "I'm going to win."

i was confused like "football?" until i remembered only the United States, Canada, Japan and a couple of other places call it soccer and not football

Double-page supporter
Oh boy, it's one of "those mangas", where everyone has to have a quirky personality and look like a vtuber, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread