Blue Period - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Efficient Use of Time

Fed-Kun's army
honestly i really really enjoy his friends' support. they really do care about his sense of happiness and stuff.

and i enjoy the internalised conflict of MC and how the author writes its development.

Also granny is actually the best.

I really wish I had that teacher when I was in my senior year of high school.

My life would have been very different.

Fuck, every sentence she says hits hard. I feel like I was given a bigger shock than the MC about my life. "Kids who don't work hard don't have a passion" Fuck.

Double-page supporter
The lunch scene on the stairs was great. As others have said, it’s good that his friends have more depth than “bad kid” or “delinquent.”

Dex-chan lover
God coming back and looking at how I felt only like a year and a half ago is strange, maybe because I am now out of a cloud of seemingly never ending grief. @Serenata thanks for your kind words, they really helped me when I was in a darker place. And a little update, I have been accepted into an engineering course I’ve been praying for the past six months to get into. Art is still a passion of mine, and I want to see if I can incorporate some of it into my education ^ ^.

Double-page supporter
I really like the setting of the story.

I wish i too could find something that makes my heart move.

Group Leader
@Shlomosuke As someone who does a lot, I find I've never had a single hobby or passion to call. If you take a lot at yourself, and the things you enjoy (let's take manga for one haha) if you look closely at why you enjoy them, you can often find a clue that guides you! For me, I'm always changing, and it's nothing bad or to be afraid of! I've done Origami, video game development, writing, painting, honestly the list is endless, find the things inspiring you!

Lol, i like how they try to give value to art studies by saying it's super difficult to get in. But in reality it's hard to enter because the have only 15 places available for the whole Japan. And why is that? because it's a poor faculty since art is not very useful nowadays apart from laundering money.

Aggregator gang
How is this dude so good? Well, I guess he had to take every subject seriously. But still! That’s hella good.

Dex-chan lover
@U235 well in this day & age living as a full time artist is really hard, you are considered really lucky if you can sell your painting/sculpture with decent money, but its strictly on pure art though.
If its about practical art, your range of employment is pretty much limitless (note: depend on your major), because every area need art now. Just walk to the city, almost everything you see are a product of art, from the sign of a store to the clothes that you wear.

@Nunally Indeed artist are still need but, more specifically, designers. But i was talking about pure (plastic) arts as the manga is about mc getting into the oil painting section. And those sections are very limited in numbers because of funds, even though the manga makes it look like its so difficult to enter because of popularity and elitism. Btw, as someone who has a few artists friends, I was really disappointed by the was of teaching nowadays in colleges. It seems the only thing that matters is the concept and the refinement of skills is completely put aside. Most of the graduates can't even draw or paint or sculpt at a high level anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@U235 yup, what I talked about (practical art) is about design (designer).

For what I know, Tokyo U is really Japan no 1 and a super elite college, thats why maybe the author explained it like that. Even though for me her explanation is more like a sales pitch more than anything.

I think art school is similar to music school or sport academy, what you learn there (with instructor/coach) are mostly a theory. Because if you passionate about what you do practice is like a breathing, and surely if you practice enough you will never get worse right?

Users who are viewing this thread