Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou

An okay and quick read but let me criticize 3 main points of this manga.

The romance....... There wasn't even a clear kiss scene, or any real built romance, I mean sure it took him a while to realize his feelings but in that time I don't know what it was but I felt like the romance was severely lacking and I hope that other's understand the "it" I'm talking about. Mediocre at best.

The progression/character development....... Relationship didn't change and there characters didn't change at all, to some people that may be a fine but for people who want an engaging story, no. Average

And lastly, The setting/pacing......... Them being in the atmosphere of that class and even the people around them made the romance feel rushed and it didn't give us the correct pacing so we could actually feel the romance and be happy about them becoming an official couple. Mediocre

Frankly, it was boring but readable, un-engaging but still satisfactory to a very low but certain degree, and I read this with a straight face all the way through and felt almost none of the emotions that allow you enjoy a good manga, ESPECIALLY romance one.
5/10, it was okay

Fed-Kun's army
Sometimes a romance doesn’t have to result in a complete transformation of character. It might just be a change in perception in how you already behave. Like this time the reaction would be “I now want to kiss you for that” rather than the usual “you’re so nice, thank you”.

And the setting is what allows this to happen so fast. As contrived as it may be, it still makes logical sense for a classroom chock-full with relationships to be the perfect environment to allow for an extreme focus on one relationship without extraneous factors like love rivals and such.

It’s a good example of efficient storytelling. 14 chapters is a good place to stop because any more and we’d be stuck with a bootleg version of Horimiya.

Pretty shitty. The entire class/his "friends" were annoying. Pretty much a story of the MC getting peer pressured into dating some girl who has a crush on him.

Putting aside the minus of the story, ngl it was actually not bad. I mean, if you want some short romance with some... uh... how do I say it in a word... cute or something idk I'm not a dictionary. The manga itself is pretty good for a refreshment, since you can read in in one go and the story is not too deep.

Don't take the story too seriously okay? It's just a silly "2 tsuns trying to not be dere in a cliche situation" manga.

Its kinda cute. Doesn't take much time to read. It's just a light basic story and yeah if you're okay with that just go for it

Group Leader
Rereading this manga as a more mature(?) person, I can say for certain this manga played excellently with the cards it was dealt. The premise is absolutely ridiculous - everyone in class except one dude is in a relationship, then a transfer student comes and now everyone is egging the two on. Literally every single character in the manga was pressuring the two to be together, that's no healthy environment for love to blossom, an aspect that the manga did address. For such an absurd premise and small number of chapters however, the manga executed its plot surprisingly in a realistic and well-grounded way - the two main characters actually communicate to resolve any misunderstandings and eventually understand each other!!!! In a weird way, this manga did approach the "red string of fate" trope (cover of Volume 1) from a pretty novel aspect. All and all, this is a cute and fluffly manga that accomplished everything it set out to do. 9/10

Supporter
Male characters in romcoms mangas are most often dense to the point of being annoying but this one is almost unbearably stupid. The whole premise is bad anyway, so I agree with the ones who can't understand that this manga does not deserve its notation.

Users who are viewing this thread