Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 60

Fed-Kun's army
When there are simple typographical errors like text overflowing out of speech bubbles, i think it's fair to criticize the scanlation. if you're going to try to scanlate one of the most popular/renown manga out there, at least take the extra time to make sure it's legible.

Double-page supporter
At this point im enjoying the drama more than the manga itself XD
fr, same. when I saw that this specific scanlator release another chapter, I just went straight to the comments section lol

on the other hand though, I agree with the general consensus that people have. no point in scanlating a series that already has a group making more accurate and reliable scans. you may as well pick up a dropped series, or start scanlating a series nobody's touched yet 🤷‍♂️

I'm never going to stop facepalming over people being mad over people sniping or making bad scanlations. First off, just don't read it if you don't like it. Second, you're not entitled to anything. Scanlation is stealing copyright material to begin with. Stop acting like you own it or that people are ruining something that's yours. Third, you can't do it rightfully, it's always going to be illegal, and someone doing it just for a small amount of clout isn't worse morally wise than the other people doing it. At least he hasn't a patreon/kofi/whatever or an ads infested reading site.
1. that, i agree. i don't read it anyway. 2. yes, you are also correct. we do not have any rights for that. 3. i do think we can do it right, it's a series with a ton of popularity after the anime is adapted, and i think doing it for "clout" isn't gonna help the community. isn't morally worse? that might be true. but in my opinion, atleast you have to understand that the quality is behind the one handling this currently, it doesn't really affect us who doesn't care about this group, but the most important thing is that the one handling the series might feel less motivated to translate this series, the one with better quality than this. now the manga consumer is stuck with this quality of this group's translations, and for the future, this group MIGHT add monetization service as you said.
this is my opinion on your answer, feel free to disagree. i'm gonna close my case here. i feel like i pointed out my points already.

Bruh, why are a lot of people getting mad 😂😂. Was Bocchi reserved to one group only forever. Imagine harassing someone over something like this.

Dex-chan lover
Hey buddy, if i bribe you with $5 or $10 can you stop doing these translations? I really just wanna read the story from a correct translations view.

Dex-chan lover
Was Bocchi reserved to one group only forever
The fact remains that once a good and regular translator drops the scanlation due to this snipe, we'll be stuck with subpar translations for the rest of the time and people don't like that. The sniper might even drop the series and move on to something else as well, seen that plenty of times till now.

Users who are viewing this thread