Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 72

Dex-chan lover
felt like this ch was much shorter that other chs or have they always been so short

but nonetheless enjoyed the ch

am looking forward to more

Dex-chan lover
Bocchi has so much unstable charisma that she ends up being a meme. ...again.
Hamazi-sensei had an interview recently in Malaysia I think it was, and she said that she thinks the reason Bocchi got that popular was because of all the viral memes.
I sort of think this is a throwback to Bocchi memes.
Bocchi wasn't that well known before the anime. I dropped the manga years ago and had forgotten completely about it, though that was in part because releases were slow and in part because I found the fan service in the start of the manga distasteful for a band manga. Nerfing the fan service was the right choice, there's a place for everything and fan service in Bocchi was not right.

Dex-chan lover
Hamazi-sensei had an interview recently in Malaysia I think it was, and she said that she thinks the reason Bocchi got that popular was because of all the viral memes.
I sort of think this is a throwback to Bocchi memes.
Bocchi wasn't that well known before the anime. I dropped the manga years ago and had forgotten completely about it, though that was in part because releases were slow and in part because I found the fan service in the start of the manga distasteful for a band manga. Nerfing the fan service was the right choice, there's a place for everything and fan service in Bocchi was not right.
I think what amazed me is how the anime production and directing staff had kept an eye on Bocchi for such a long time. They knew it had potential, and then gave it the k-on treatment, elevating it beyond its source material.

Imo Bocchi manga holds up way better than K-on manga tho.

Also, what fan service? I just looked through ch1-3 again and didn't see any.

Dex-chan lover
I think what amazed me is how the anime production and directing staff had kept an eye on Bocchi for such a long time. They knew it had potential, and then gave it the k-on treatment, elevating it beyond its source material.

Imo Bocchi manga holds up way better than K-on manga tho.

Also, what fan service? I just looked through ch1-3 again and didn't see any.
Ice bath scene.
There's a little fan service later when they go to the beach, but at least it's more tasteful.
I don't really like blatant fan service in manga where it doesn't belong.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The anime will give us the Bocchi all alone in the bath scene for sure, just you wait
701158.thumbnail.jpg
They replaced her underwear for a school swimsuit in the first episode, don't get your hopes up

Sasaki is a riot, i hope we can see her again. and yes, that wooden sword is too appealing
Imagine a Beck-like lineup with a singer plus a rapper in the band

Also, in regards to bokita, I would bet money that this is the kind of manga that never confirms anything outright yet the author will be liking bokita fanart in their Twitter account

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread