Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 77

Dex-chan lover
Kind reminder that everyone here is reading the manga illegally to complain about a translation no matter how bad it is. The yuri context has been like this since the beginning of the manga, I don't know why so much drama, Ripe-Mango himself has endorsed several yuri (or yuri bait, whichever hurts you least), moments throughout the manga with his translation.

Dex-chan lover
Drama? You're the only one here who's making DRAMA out of this because someone just pointed out that it was a mistranslation, a couple of people laughed and that's it. I've long since come to terms with the fact that this is too serious business for some, but so blatant attempts to justify a misleading translation, this is what can really impresses me

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Kind reminder that everyone here is reading the manga illegally to complain about a translation no matter how bad it is. The yuri context has been like this since the beginning of the manga, I don't know why so much drama, Ripe-Mango himself has endorsed several yuri (or yuri bait, whichever hurts you least), moments throughout the manga with his translation.
Except this is not coming from the chapter itself, which is what makes it really-really-really inaccurate here. This is not even the thing about nuance or deep meanings, this is an obvious mistranslation. Idk why the hell people are thinking its a matter that should be heavily argued while the mistakes are obvious. It's not like BtR! is constructed with deep literature to actually need a deep interpretation.

If it is coming from Hamazi it's no problem, but many of the time here in this chapter, it's not. And the reason is just they mistranslated it, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread