Bocchi the Rock! Gaiden: Kikuri Hiroi's Heavy Drinking Diary - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
The moment with them altruistically helping Eliza was really sweet. However, considering how in any manga all the otaku characters are obsessed with PreCure, I don't quite understand why they want to quickly forget this cosplay experience, lmao. I don't know how far from the truth this is, but it seems like this franchise is really a great means of representation for any mahou shoujo otaku in Japanese media.

On a more serious note, I'm not entirely sure about character descriptions unless we're talking about different PC shows. Nagisa is clearly more of a boy-ish tomboy character than any prince-ish alloof one. The franchise does have duos with closer descriptions, but in later generations. But anyway, I'm not going to start an argument, it's been several years since I last had any connection with the franchise.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I love how Kikuri was the first one who was willing to throw aside her pride to help Eliza get sales. :meguu: :meguu:

Aggregator gang
I love how Kikuri was the first one who was willing to throw aside her pride to help Eliza get sales. :meguu: :meguu:
I don't think she has any pride aside from being a musician in the first place. We are talking about the girl who will crash into a party of someone she barely knows, and also succeded in making herself drunk without spending any bit of money just by using pity tricks.

Dex-chan lover
Their cosplays so cute :meguupog:
Yd5zUQ2.jpeg
Y06wg14.png

Dex-chan lover
I understand it may simply be due to her excitement at the hobby, but why did Eliza have Hiroi and Shima dress up as two characters, state it was the most popular ship, tell them that they were dressed up as the ship she wrote the doujin about, then tell them that there were lewd scenes between the characters they were dressed up as?

Is she gay? Is she trying to get them to have sex?

(Also himejoshi Eliza REAL!!!)

Dex-chan lover
I understand it may simply be due to her excitement at the hobby, but why did Eliza have Hiroi and Shima dress up as two characters, state it was the most popular ship, tell them that they were dressed up as the ship she wrote the doujin about, then tell them that there were lewd scenes between the characters they were dressed up as?

Is she gay? Is she trying to get them to have sex?

(Also himejoshi Eliza REAL!!!)
Calm down, you answered your own question. The joke is that she is so passionate about her hobbies that she is willing to talk about it non-stop, regardless of how interesting other people are or how weird they might find it. And since she found her friends very similar to these two characters, she persuaded them to help promote her doujinshi at the comiket. As you can see, promotional cosplay is quite common. This is a fairly simple and intuitive gags, and this is not the first time this her trait has been demonstrated in story.

Also, interest in slash shipping in all-male or all-female media is quite an expected trait from otaku, especially in their stereotypical portrayal in the media. But just being interested in yuri or BL ship in certain shows does not make you or anyone himejoshi or fujoshi, this is a certain quasi-subculture, and not just anyone who is not against gay shipping anywhere https://dic.pixiv.net/a/姫女子.

P.S. I understand that it is useless to talk about such things with shippers, especially on resources with karma, but "reactions" are not an argument.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Calm down, you answered your own question. The joke is that she is so passionate about her hobbies that she is willing to talk about it non-stop, regardless of how interesting other people are or how weird they might find it. And since she found her friends very similar to these two characters, she persuaded them to help promote her doujinshi at the comiket. As you can see, promotional cosplay is quite common. This is a fairly simple and intuitive gags, and this is not the first time this her trait has been demonstrated in story.

Also, interest in slash shipping in all-male or all-female media is quite an expected trait from otaku, especially in their stereotypical portrayal in the media. But just being interested in yuri or BL ship in certain shows does not make you or anyone himejoshi or fujoshi, this is a certain quasi-subculture, and not just anyone who is not against gay shipping anywhere https://dic.pixiv.net/a/姫女子.

P.S. I understand that it is useless to talk about such things with shippers, especially on resources with karma, but "reactions" are not an argument.
Bro whenever someone brings up shipping or homosexuality in any Bocchi thread you are there to try to stomp on it, did a shipper kill your dog or what lmao

Users who are viewing this thread