Bocchi the Rock! - Vol. 5 Ch. 51

Group Leader
Ouch this feels rather low effort compared to the other group. Dialogue feels stiff and of course the simple errors your proofreader should have caught. I mean I guess mission accomplished if all you set out to do was create drama? Though still thanks for the chapter...I guess?

Group Leader
sigh... a snipe... I hope this doesn't discourage the original scans from releasing quality scans in their own time.
also, I was wondering why this group doesn't have any history in MD?

image.png

oh. it's that kind of group. They are very kindly monetizing the original scans as well, how kind.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, the bit with the demo revisions is too real for me. I do the same thing when making my own tracks.

I had like 10 different versions of my graduation project... in the Downloads folder. Had I moved it to where it was supposed to be, it would've been a lot more, and all with "final version" "real final version" "real final version for real" "send this" "finished send 25/08" kind of name and so on...
Ganbare, Bocchi :bocchiwave:

Why isn't Bocchi call her friends Miss Nijika Miss Ryou and so on?
(TL note: Miss means Chan, Miss also means San)
That is honestly up to the translator if they want to translate that or not, and besides, Bocchi didn't call anyone by name in the entire chapter as far as I can see.
Also as a little sidenote: "Chan" definitely does not mean Miss. "Chan" is an endearing suffix mostly used for female names, pets, etc. It is meant to cutesify the name in order to show affection so it is only used with people you are close with. One wouldn't never use "Chan" when referring to their teacher, well not usually that is for certain. As for "san", it can be translated as "sir" but that really depends on context.

Dex-chan lover
That is honestly up to the translator if they want to translate that or not, and besides, Bocchi didn't call anyone by name in the entire chapter as far as I can see.
Also as a little sidenote: "Chan" definitely does not mean Miss. "Chan" is an endearing suffix mostly used for female names, pets, etc. It is meant to cutesify the name in order to show affection so it is only used with people you are close with. One wouldn't never use "Chan" when referring to their teacher, well not usually that is for certain. As for "san", it can be translated as "sir" but that really depends on context.
The joke
Your head

Group Leader
How do I react with clown emote?

I think most people don't really mind whoever picks up the translation but...
you know it's bad if even a casual reader noticed something wrong

Fed-Kun's army
not related, but bocchi talking about summer vacation kind reminded me how theres a hundred and four days of summer vaction and school comes along just to end it.

Users who are viewing this thread