Bocchi the Rock! - Vol. 6 Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
isn't that what the Girls Love and Boys Love tags are for? i.e. Shoujo Ai and Shounen Ai?
Shoujo ai is a term that should never be used as "girls love" or "love between girls". In japan, "shoujo ai" is used literally as a synonym to lolicon (love towards little girls, 少女愛), so yeah, not even close to yuri kek

Fed-Kun's army
It’s so cool to see Bocchi’s old guitar again, and her dad’s performing too!

Dex-chan lover
That's a little different again, those are mostly about feelings and closeness and intimacy, but not necessarily romantic. It's sort of like yuri/yaoi bait honestly. Though I think the girl's love and boy's love tags are a more wide group covering everything.
I'm not an expert on the field though. I'm not interested in yaoi, and I mostly read yuri if there's an interesting story or if the art is pretty good. But yuri is mostly a fetish aimed at males like yaoi, and it's just not really my thing. I guess I'm just not able to self insert as one of the girls or something.
this is actually not true about yuri, its definitely different and has different origins and behaviors than the fetishistic yaoi, the genre was by women for women originally, and there is still a large amount of yuri works that are that way! yuri is very diverse in its authors and audiences, and there definitely is a fetish portion aimed towards men but thats also true of all works in general. i think the data actually suggests that yuri mangaka and yuri readers are majority women, though the male portion of readers is still large

if you already know this and specifically mean to say that the recent yuri works are majority fetishistic and aimed towards men, i wonder what makes you think that?

shoujo ai is also not a thing in japan, its just yuri! girls love is a boys love counterpart term, but yuri is perfectly fine as it doesnt have the same background and connotations as yaoi

(im here rn bc i was trying to remember if i dreamt that these garbage translations were done bc guy couldnt handle gaycchi (i did not) and encountered this comment)

Users who are viewing this thread