Boku ga Koisuru Cosmic Star - Ch. 39 - Final Chapter: You're the Cosmic Star I love

Dex-chan lover
wish it went for longer but really liked it, such a cute couple they turned out to be

Why introduce some vague issue with the MC's body in the last chapter if it had no impact on his ability to see Star (the whole point/theme of this chapter), and make a show of how easy it was to fix a few pages later? It works for short stories like doujinshi, but not a serialized manga.

That, and having multiple cut-away pages to characters we never met is probably why this last chapter fell flat for some people.

I really hope that the Heriyama's next work manages to break past the foundations of fanfiction that he built his career on.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the hard work

Will you get any volume extras if they are available???

Why introduce some vague issue with the MC's body in the last chapter if it had no impact on his ability to see Star (the whole point/theme of this chapter), and make a show of how easy it was to fix a few pages later? It works for short stories like doujinshi, but not a serialized manga.

That, and having multiple cut-away pages to characters we never met is probably why this last chapter fell flat for some people.

I really hope that the Heriyama's next work manages to break past the foundations of fanfiction that he built his career on.
To be fair, the premise itself was kinda flawed since the MC being the reason was kinda obvious.... and the move of him losing his first crush was kinda rushed....

If the author was going to make this about temporary yet memorable meetings, this would have been a much stronger story.... but they obviously didn't want that....

Dex-chan lover
Sucks to see this go because I enjoyed it for what it was even with the flaws it had. Some plot points & characters were clearly there to be addressed but sadly it could not be explored as the ax shows no mercy. At least Eichi & Star are together forever so there's a happy ending. Hope the author gets another serialization & thanks for translating this the end @sufficientbluejay.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the scanlation, this was a blast.
Shame we never got to see them fight Grodd though.
You can tell the author really wanted to do that arc.
But a shame. Even how rushed this was towards the end, I still enjoyed what I got. Too bad Haida didn't even get a cop-out of aiming for going out with their fusion and only got a single panel in the final chapter. Hopefully the author can have better luck in the next project.

While I really wish we could see more of them and will pray for an extra in the final volume, thanks for the translations of everything until the end @sufficientbluejay!

Users who are viewing this thread