Boku ga Koisuru Cosmic Star - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - You and Fireworks

Dex-chan lover
QTIOhzV.png

jonah-hill-fangirl.gif

Group Leader
I'm curious if/when this series or Gray Exorcist would get axed, would you continue scanlation regardless?
A lot of scanlators abandon their works when it comes to it. Especially those from popular shonen magazines.
If one of the series got axed I would probably just focus on the other series. If both got axed, then I would probably find a new series to do. Scanlation is a lot of hard work but I find it kinda fun so I would like to continue doing it.

Contributor
If one of the series got axed I would probably just focus on the other series. If both got axed, then I would probably find a new series to do. Scanlation is a lot of hard work but I find it kinda fun so I would like to continue doing it.
Well, in this case, I hope you will manage to catch-up with Cosmic Star before axe. Having to do only 1 or 2 chapters to finish the series once it's axed probably wouldn't be much of a bother.
And looks like you are caught-up and waiting for new chapters with Gray Exorcist.

Well, I have no idea whether they would be cancelled. Gray Exorcist is too new. Though Cosmic Star didn't hold high ranking in TOC, last time I checked. It wasn't at the bottom tho, at least.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Well, in this case, I hope you will manage to catch-up with Cosmic Star before axe. Having to do only 1 or 2 chapters to finish the series once it's axed probably wouldn't be much of a bother.
And looks like you are caught-up and waiting for new chapters with Gray Exorcist.

Well, I have no idea whether they would be cancelled. Gray Exorcist is too new. Though Cosmic Star didn't hold high ranking in TOC, last time I checked. It wasn't at the bottom tho, at least.
If Cosmic Star gets axed before I catch up, I will still do the other chapters. I'm enjoying this series so I wouldn't want to leave it unfinished.

Group Leader
I really hate the 'first date gets interrupted by a lost brat' trope. So good on the author for just acknowledging it's a lame running gag and just having it happen off screen... twice in one chapter!

Actually, given that there are so few children in Japan (and I was there just before COVID) and hardly anyone is getting married, I have to wonder if the Japanese government actually maintains a stable of child actors for these kind of festival events. 'Breaker breaker 1 9 looks like an awkward young couple near the yakisoba stand. Send out a child for Operation Heartwarming Encounter.'

Aaaand there's someone's Twitter manga plot.

Users who are viewing this thread