Boku no Chikyuu wo Mamotte

Huh. Stumbled upon it by accident while listening to lofi / chillhop playlist on youtube (probably not the weirdest way to find something new to read) and it picked my curiosity because of similar "reincarnation" - "past (life) plays a big role" theme that "Bokura no kiseki", "The Moon that Rises in the Day", and "Spirit Circle" are using so well (although that last one in a slightly different manner ; all mentioned titles are great by the way).

Can't tell much yet, but judging by first five or so volumes and the way that everything - from art to crudely generalized "storytelling stuff" - improves throughout them, it looks like it'll be at least fun.

Twi

A classic worth the read. It’s kind of old but like most manga drawing style improves as it goes on. It’s inspired other classics and has a three episode ova series with decent English dub, I’d recommend it as well.

can someone tell me why shion and shuukaido reincarnated body switch looks with each other?

It was good, but a bit iffy, most of the characters sometimes can be annoying.

I've been following this series for years, beginning by watching the OVA series, and got curious enough to read the manga to see the tragic backstories of their previous lives, and how they will deal with them in the present. The sequel is also pretty good, if you want to see more of the characters!

Contributor
Others who have finished the series: Should we
add the sexual violence tag to this?

Aghhhh... it was such a good read. I was so invested in the story that the end came nearer than it should :C Also I am truly in love with the art style *-*

i watched the OVA last year, and now i wanna read the manga, but i don't know where the OVA dropped off, can anyone help?

would have been a masterpiece if not for
the rape and Mokuren basically accepting it all 🤢🤮

Gente, aqui fala que não tem capítulos no indioma selecionado, mas eu selecionei "todos os indiomas" na pesquisa. HELP

Dex-chan lover
Reaaaaally disappointed in Mokuren just glossing over the fact that
Shion fucking raped her
. What the fuck is with some shoujo authors? Holy shit. The premise of the series was neat but not executed as well as it could have been. There are some abrupt timeshifts that come out of nowhere. Some of the characters are barely explored and probably would have been fine to leave out.

Solid 7 at best.

Ive really enjoyed reading this one, despite the one disturbing scene y'all know which one I have in mind, that made me cringe, the story was really original and interesting, the whole concept of reincarnation, different planets and cultures, and the artwork was also not bad, defenitely old school style that always makes me nostalgic😃🥰 I'd recommend it!

I really loved the OVA and read the manga many years after. I picked it up again and still find the story interested and lovely... except for the whole mokuren and shion ordeal. The fact that she just forgave shion just threw off everything for me. I cannot accept that mokuren accepted it and moved on. I believe the mangaka could’ve done it another way or something, anything. But the sexual violence is just a no for me. I want love this story to much but it gives me a sour aftertaste I can’t get rid of.

overall pretty interesting, im disappointed the aliens are just humans with tech sprinkled in, but given how complex the drama is it makes sense not to focus on scifi

honestly the whole
r-pe
could have been written out? the way shion and mokuren felt over it and each other it was not needed and something so... that, could have been replaced with something else
i wonder why it was in at all

also, some MAJOR yikes at two endgame pairings, a middle schooler and hs graduate, and hs graduate and sixth grader? wtfffff
also note about the upload, its by volume, not chapters. and they have some typos and dont put sfx translations down most of the time. but still readable

biggest disappointment. was a 9 to me but dropped down to 6 cause of the
rape and pedo shit

Users who are viewing this thread