Boku no Giovanni

Group Leader
If nobody else updates it, I'm thinking of working on it. I'll be able to do that soon, just waiting on the books to be delivered.

Group Leader
I'm glad that people are happy to read this series. I love it so much T__T ...so far I think only 3 chapters have been released in Japan that will be in Volume 6, and there hasn't been an update since March 2020.

this manga is so good! I'm having so much fun reading it. thanks violistofhameln!

Group Leader
For people who are enjoying this series and want to know a bit more about the music, I have a playlist on Youtube with performances of all the pieces that are mentioned/performed:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBlFdDVnLN1uXfIEUsIQHFVfNBVQwBuEf

I update it as new pieces appear. One of the great things about this series is that, unlike a lot of classical music based things, there is a lot of contemporary classical and less-popular works mentioned. There are a couple pieces that I use as placeholders, since some of the ones mentioned in the comic aren't "real." The first piece, "Violoncelles, Vibrez!" is almost certainly the inspiration for "Call of the Cello" based on interviews with Hozumi. I also included a trio by Michael Nyman that is for the same instrumentation of Tetsuo's piece "Sound of the Waves" and is about a Beach... so kind of related? Also, Nyman is one of the composers Tetsuo mentions liking. The Einaudi piece is in the same vein, and I would bet that Yukari and Tetsuo would listen to that composer as well :)

This series is amazing! It's got a classic premise a la piano no mori, but it seriously deviates from cliche into themes of friendship, fun, jealousy/inadequacy, and even love. Excited for more!
It's also waaaaay more fun to follow the "mediocre" player rather than the genius. I'm tired of genius protags, lol.

Group Leader
@Violistofhameln Thank you so much for following through, very much appreciated! 💕💕💕 Pardon the late reply, they should really make the notification color red 😅

This has to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest manga I've ever found on a whim.

Thank you so much for translating!!

Users who are viewing this thread