Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - A Close Call with the Cat-Eared Girl

Dex-chan lover
Catgirl be thirsty.
What really grinds my gears was the fact that the boss was meeting them on a bed...
I get why she would want to hide her identity... but why a bed ?

@Kanol
@SomeGuy1

playing devils advocate here as yeah, he basically said "try doing what you are doing but better"

It's possible that he explained the "how and why" about rebuild the living quarters into a communal living building and why it's better in the long run than a lot of slum houses.
( have not read the novel, but that seems like a prime target for cutting corners when adapting the novel into a manga. )

It's not likely that the thief guild knows a lot about city planning and how to build houses and building tall is also usually cheaper but requires more skill and precision to do then small houses.

Dex-chan lover
This series is only getting more braindead with each heroine added. Can we take them all out?

The slime can stay, given they’re effectively treated as a pet or object by the author the majority of the time, but the others just drag the series down.

Dex-chan lover
you gotta build a wall to keep the undesirables from coming in, that way you can improve your coun... i mean your district

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal
It's not likely that the thief guild knows a lot about city planning and how to build houses and building tall is also usually cheaper but requires more skill and precision to do then small houses.
I don't expect a part-time cook to know much about city planning either. Doubly so about city planning in a dungeon. I wonder of their 200+ year old high elf-sama is better at it than everybody else.
Either way, they might be able to figure something out if they all think about it together.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan

I don't expect a part-time cook to know much about city planning either. Doubly so about city planning in a dungeon.
I wonder of their 200+ year old high elf-sama is better at it than everybody else.
Either way, they might be able to figure something out if they all think about it together.

This is all true, he has just as little ( if not even less considering thieves can come from all walks of life ) reason to know about city planning and construction.
He does, however, have much easier to access fringe knowledge thanks to living in our world with computers and could have learned this kind of stuff as a hobby.
Even if only rudimentary enough to give general tips on what to look for when they contact actual professionals from the overworld.
City planning in a dungeon would not have to be that different considering how large the open spaces are tho.

It comes down to his easy access to knowledge vs the guilds massive numbers of people and chance of having something like a carpenter or the like amount them with expert knowledge.
Both chases have a plausible way of being the better once at city building/planing but we simply don´t know at this point.
( that said I find it hard to belive a 200+ year old elf would live in poverty, but its not impossible )

Fed-Kun's army
Keep those hands on your sword handles guys..no telling which way things can go with this meeting with the "boss"...

Dex-chan lover
i understand that the MC is kinda retarded and wants everything to go by his logic, but that girl, the knight one is getting annoying

@Goldenzeal "He does, however, have much easier to access fringe knowledge thanks to living in our world with computers and could have learned this kind of stuff as a hobby" that's just a mcguffin a convenient way to make the MC know something he clearly shouldn't. what he did was basically the same as go to a city in a third world country and say "demolish your ugly slump houses and build a luxury department complex with a mall inside". like someone said the dude doesn't even know how economy works in that world and is spouting nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
That cat...
JfHrkEU.png

Fed-Kun's army
@Goldenzeal It's also worth pointing out that they're the thieves' guild. Owning and managing property is somewhat antithetical to steal and fade. There are also competing powers in the mercenary guild and merchant guilds that need to be brought to heel. Start by building control and credibility. Make it clear that a thieves' guild customer is not to be touched, on pain of stiletto aeration. Sell security from thievery. Establish a thiefdom. Dumping funds into building castles of sand you can't protect is at best premature.

Dex-chan lover
They should have waited for everyone to be at max level before going in there.

Dex-chan lover
@gigabarto

that's just a McGuffin a convenient way to make the MC know something he clearly shouldn't.

Who are you to say somebody can´t have knowledge outside of something they actively work as...
That's a bullshit argument if I ever heard one.

It's not like a construction worker can´t have the knowledge and skill to be a cook, or a bankier could have knowledge on how to build boats.
Just because something is outside a persons line of work doest mean they can´t have expert knowledge on a different subject...
Yes sure it's just a convenient way to give him the knowledge, but that can be done in a billion ways and you have to establish it somehow if you want the character to actually have it.

it's not that much different than just saying "oh I did construction /city planning in highschool like a "normal teenager" but did not manage to find a job so I started working for a fast-food chain.
It isnet a sin to give new knowledge or abilities to a character based on past experiences, you just have to have a somewhat valid reason for doing so.

Also, it can be done in a much more hand fisted ways than what I used as an example, but really that isn't even all that important anyway.
Without reading the novel we aren't going to know what the MC really meant to say.
It might have been poor writing in the first place where the MC was doing an asspull just to look good to the readers where he is also stupidly wrong as well.
But I was giving the author the benefit of doubt as I have not read the novel and it could have been detailed that were removed in the adaptation instead of being just poor writing.

Users who are viewing this thread