Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - Exploring Another World's Town

If it were me, i'd straight up ask "that looks beautiful, do you want to marry me, ria?" in a teasing manner.

when she surprisingly answered "Yes" in an eager way, i changed into a serious tone "Then let's marry.. both of us", grabbed her hands softly while intensely look at her shy eyes.

medetashi medetashi

Dex-chan lover
"Language of the Franks" is something I doubt they would know about in this world

It's like calling it a Pyrrhic Victory in a setting where they don't know who Pyhrus is.

RvB

"Language of the Franks" is something I doubt they would know about in this world

I think "lingua franca" is to be understood as "free language" as "zone franche" in french (or "porto franco" in italian) mean "free trade zone".

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane From Wikipedia: "A lingua franca also known as a bridge language, common language, trade language, auxiliary language, vehicular language, or link language, is a language or dialect systematically used to make communication possible between groups of people who do not share a native language or dialect, particularly when not one of the speakers' native languages."

So it fits quite well here I think.

Dex-chan lover
why the fuck are the beds solid wood with no bedding? It's not like even real medieval settings didn't have some kind of softening or another, like worst case you got something like hay. What's the purpose of having a bed that's the same material as the floor? Just sleep on the floor then.

@fari

Dude probably knows nothing about medieval architecture. I mean, it was usual for peasants to sleep on the floor. The caveat being that the floor was made out of soft plants that would simply be thrown out and replaced when they started rotting. At least that's the current belief. When it comes to commoner living it's pretty hard to find anything concrete. Archeology only goes so far as well since it's biological material.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari
There seemed to be some sort of bedding before they claimed the beds and laid the sleeping bags on top of them. The kids' bed has bedding. They probably piled up the bedding on the kids' bed as the others preferred the sleeping bag.

Double-page supporter
But what about going to the guild, huh? You forgot about that? Good job raising a flag, that'll get you into trouble you dumbass.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

To be fair, I knew what a Pyrrhic victory was but had no idea who Pyrrhus was before reading your comment.
But I get your point, using a term named after a person whos from another world is kind of weird, but can easily get chocked up to the "translation magic".
They might use another term entirely and get it translated into whatever they are closest too.

Probably is just a weird choice of the translation team tho.

Contributor
They're going to the temple to learn the universal language: English.

Dex-chan lover
@B3ll3r0ph0nt3s @RvB
I am aware of the definition of "lingua franca" but the issue is that it's a Latin term with a specific history, so I'm more curious how this term arose in this completely alien culture.

Users who are viewing this thread