Boku no Nakama wa Isekai Saikyo Undead - Ch. 20

Banned
Kinda never clicked with me. I think it was the fight scenes, they felt like fillers stretching over multiple chapters and the end result was that nothing of importance actually changed. The vampire girl was cute though, but sadly wasted potential since the author went full generic with her.

Dex-chan lover
not the axe
597286820941922304.webp

Dex-chan lover
Completely forgot to follow this, and I read the first chapter when it dropped on mangadex. I'm shocked to see an isekai end

Reactions: jlm
Group Leader
Ad or ax?
Doesn't seem to be an adaptation so it's not an ad. It's also likely not an axe because despite leaving on a cliffhanger the ending is clean: the author left basically only one thing unresolved, which is the vampire's past that is the cornerstone of the overarching plot; usually axed comics have a lot of stuff going on, like interpersonal relationships and whatnot, with no closure whatsoever. Here we do get the sudden power-up of the main character, but the later chapters do provide a basic explanation of the whole deal and it is hinted that focusing on those powers is equivalent to reaching the girl's past, so it does not count.
Overall it has the same feeling of the original Shaman King ending.
As such, I would avoid the term "axe" no matter how sour past experiences with these kind of comics were.

Thanks for the translation! Sad to see it end, feel like it could've been something much greater.

Dex-chan lover
Wahey, this one was nicely written fantasy. Still trope-y but it definitely has a "core" if that makes sense.
I should keep an eye on this author's works, might see some more interesting ones

Dex-chan lover
the author left basically only one thing unresolved, which is the vampire's past that is the cornerstone of the overarching plot; usually axed comics have a lot of stuff going on
As such, I would avoid the term "axe" no matter how sour past experiences with these kind of comics were.
Call it self-axed, I guess?

MTL: "In fact, I submitted a request for cancellation. Even though it's the final episode, the story itself still has a long way to go. The possibility of Chapter 2 is not 0, I will devote myself to raising the experience level of the author once for the growth of the work. In the meantime, the announcement and growth process will be released at any time."

EDIT: Ever spend almost an hour trying to find a tweet in Japanese (which you do not read) only to finally post it and realize someone found it 45 minutes ago? I have!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also, thanks Platinum for upping this. I gave it like a 9 while it was coming out because I liked the art and the premise and I was sad it wasn't up on here.

Dex-chan lover
Ah.. I was excited. So I kept reading the updates... Until I realized I've already read all this and it's been over for a long time now.

Double-page supporter
She says the possibility of it coming back is not 0, though for now, she feels she's not mature enough as a mangaka. She asked for it to be cut herself.
I understand her doubts but personally I think this story was amazing and her drawing style is really good. She has a lot of potential. So personally I hope that she won't give up and that she will make a sequel to this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread