Boku no Namae wa "Shounen A"

Fed-Kun's army
Reading the comments, I don't blame the groups for dropping this lol. But all I'm pissed about rn is the characters being stupid.
I never understood why it's a thing in Japan for girls to not report rape/harassment because its too "embarrassing." Is she seriously satisfied moving on with her life, knowing the guy who raped her never got exposed and the guy who saved her goes through hell, even though all she has to do to fix it is tell the truth? I mean the guy is also stupid for not telling the truth either, because he wants to "protect" her. But whatever; I'm not Japanese and I don't live in their society blah blah blah.
Seeing how it gets even worse than this according to the comments, probably gonna drop this.

@InsanoKing in America this never would have happend, and the moment the teacher even looked at the girl, all kinds of accusations would have been flung towards him. Causing him to be fired and probably even kill himself.
It's kind of funny how japan and US are pretty much on opposite sides of the spectrum, where rapists in Japan can commit their atrocities for YEARS and get away with it (and even if their caught, they can get away with only a slap on the wrist), while in the US these crimes are considered so heinous, to the point where someone can just make up a lie and ruin someone's life in the process. Personally i prefer the situation in western countries, but it would be a lie to say that the situation in the US is anything but ideal.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Plots paper thin but the interactions of people after the fact is interesting. It seems likely that the girl killed the teacher after the teacher grabbed him he most likely dropped the bat and she being so traumatized couldn’t stop. He probably wanted to “protect” her being the same trope in most Japanese managas. What doesn’t make sense is the fact the teacher is using the evidence of him raping her to keep her quiet, ok? Show people and go to prison? The fact he kept quiet about what the teacher did even after 3 years and the fact she kept quiet which also means she couldn’t get any therapy or help for the trauma she received, all this so she wouldn’t be embarrassed? We’ll let our lives be totally destroyed and not care about our friends and family being hurt so her dignity can stay in tact! Come on......

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@StudyBreak Nope. I read this (a few chapters) somewhere before. The one who actually committed the murder was the girl (Chapter 11). This boy is actually a "simp" in some sense.
The girl he "saved", went with the other guy on Chapter 6.
There's evidence in the phone too.
The girl's behavior was changing too, before the murder.
The plot is weak, maybe that's why the previous scanlation group dropped this.

Code:

We have no intention of stopping, and I have no intention of dropping this kind of story personally; more chapters have already been translated, but our staff are working very hard to deliver over 20 mangas. If you want this to get released quicker, please volunteer as a redrawer or cleaner, and we can get more stuff done to the high quality we try to deliver.

Wouldn't he just not go to school? Aren't job prospects for convicts, especially murderers really bad in Japan or something? Kind of a plot hole.

well, this talentless author just rewrote true blue and made it his own shitty version lol

Ah, yes, the usual cycle of:
Manga has Tragedy + Drama == Readers spoil themselves == Doesn't get satisfying ending == Spoil other readers without spoiler tags in chapter specific comments == Tells them to drop it because they didn't like it.

wtf is this shit
Edit: @gomennasai90 You mean perfect blue or True Blue wa Kesshite Iro Asenai? Can you link me that mange as I would like to read it

why the fuck are you guys complaining about a plot? just dont read it if you dont want to lmao

For those good guys who didn't spoil themselves, the immediate next chapter(s) will hit you like a truck.
So to add to the misery, it will be a double release in a few days.
NGL, working on this is bad for my heart lol.

Yeah this type of situation reminds me how fucked the world is and how even if your try or do something good you can get penalised for it like it doesn't affect you for life after.

I feel sorry for the guy in this.

And I am dropping this as it's just to sad

Take your time and think when did the 'rape' case ever got a good story in Japanese manga? The most usual thing we get to see is the girl gets depressed and blames herself and later there are even stories where we see them acting friendly with the perpetrator. This is no different. They made the victim here as a bitch. The male who helped is in angst because why not? Let's make them more miserable.

All this problem would be cleared if he just said the truth from day 1, and the girl can even testify that to police that's one BEEG plothole. Oh well it's for the sake of drama and whatnot but dang i wish the author could write the story better. It is interesting so I'm going to continue reading. Much thanks for the translation team for translating this! Thanks to you guys I have one more manga to read during this pisstank of a year. You guys are champs!

This shit is just depressing. Especially for the mom, i don’t think I can read this anymore

Users who are viewing this thread