Boku wo Shirita Sugiru Shimizu-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it's like solid opening of "used to draw manga, got bullied to the point of having PTSD about it", but the "school queen wanting to help me draw again and also she's in love with me" is too much. I can believe her being interested in him because he used to draw, but she's getting too close too quickly.
Just wait until it's revealed she is the childhood friend :wtf:

Group Leader
Guys please...

kwaivideosdainternet (videosdainternettt). Áudio original criado por  kwaivideosdainternet. ...

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being thrown in trauma zone, having a panic attack and then you get ambushed in front of the toilets and get pushed some more ? Delicious.

Dex-chan lover
Only explanation for her suddenly being interested in him this much would b tryna profit off this guy. Either that (which obvs wouldnt b the case in a manga) or she was always interested in him for whatever reason, otherwise this is an ass pull.

Dex-chan lover
this is so generic its painful. i mean if it sells good on the mangaka but i cant

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this maybe could have been interesting. Easy coming of age with the MC being inspired to pursue his passion again despite past trauma due to encouragement from an energetic female lead whose also a future love interest. Hell, some of the most popular Manga have that exact setup.

The glaring issue here is the pacing is God awful. There's a reason why debut Manga use 40 to 60 pages to setup their premise. Cutting the chapters into parts each with cliff hangers when they're already short takes way better and purposeful writing than this has.

As of now I barely even know either character and it just feels like stuff is happening. I don't know a single thing about the female lead outside that she's popular. Why did she try helping him draw with those silly solutions? Did she actually think those would work (i.e. is she just a complete moron anyway)? She's probably just asking to see his house for his Manga or something, but where did that come from? Last chapter she admitted forgetting his presence and now she's this pushy? Did she read his Manga before? Does she just love Manga period? I'm not asking for a whole thesis on the characters, but give me something.

I will give this manga the benefit of the doubt and wait till it at least has a complete chapter one.

Dex-chan lover
Girl I don't know if you ever heard about this technology. It's called blindfold

Users who are viewing this thread