Bokura no Hentai - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 - My Transformation

I...I don't think that's a good idea. Of course, the characters don't have any need to follow my opinions or advices, but doing that at an age when you want to be something different every week...
But it's true that Marika has felt like that since she was a child...
Well, that's the magic of fiction, to question the self in front of new perspectives.

Fed-Kun's army
lol pretty hilarious that the very fist comment is against. How did you make it 25 chapters into this manga yet still can't see the point that's being made?

We stan our queen. Also @alraisen the 'danger' of transitioning as a teen is extremely exaggerated by transphobes in order to get well-meaning people (such as yourself, I hope) to inadvertently make the lives of trans teens harder. Firstly, the steps of transition that a young person will go through are usually puberty blockers and/or estrogen or testosterone pills; both of which are reversible. Secondly, it is quite rare for someone who has started the transition process to regret that (0.3% according to a recent survey). Thirdly, if a trans teen is given access to puberty blockers, studies have shown that they are significantly less likely to attempt or commit suicide than if they were not given access to them.

This isn't a case of 8 year olds saying they want to be a girl once and then instantly getting the full surgery, like it is often portrayed. This is a group of the population getting access to a treatment that could save their life, that very rarely regrets getting said treatment, and even if they do it is entirely reversible anyway in the vast majority of cases

Supporter
Research! We love to see it!
As far as I understand, it's highly unlikely that Marika is medically transitioning at this stage (if she were a real person). From trans mangaka who've written autobios on the topic, trans people in Japan are required to get "real life experience" (going out in public presenting as female) before being approved for medical treatment. (I'm personally more a fan of the informed consent model.)
However, even at this stage— accepting oneself as a girl and being acknowledged as such by other people can be very freeing.

Users who are viewing this thread