Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

The One
Staff
Admin
@Kiiyoutakaa that's a suspiciously high amount of "Unknown" chapters, are you sure those are not just crunchyroll rips?

edit: i just compared them, and indeed you uploaded crunchyroll rips

@Lymus It's a Various Scanlations that I downloaded through torrent via WPG Hub, it didn't have any watermark or claims so I used Unknown groups since I didn't know who to represent.

edit: my bad, I didn't know it were from CR

i just finished this so i have to vent now, i mean give you guys my thoughts (contains spoilers)
but first i would like to give a warning to those like me, this has MC abuse in it, it's basically non-sexual NTR, where the author bullies, abuses and in rare cases even kills the MC (who is always a male, they would never dare do that to girls) because it's "funny" somehow. And i hate both with a passion. Not sure how you guys read stories, but i at least always identify with the MC (don't know the right word for it) so when the MC gets bullied and frustrated, so do i. Obviously i don't enjoy that.
The overall story isn't bad, it was pretty fun at times, but certain characters like the 2 b*tches (mainly Mayumi) completely ruined it for me, i mean people who destroy other peoples chances at happiness just because they can't find their own (because of a shit personality) should go and jump of the biggest bridge they can find, and it's unrealistic, nobody would put up with such trash in the real world, they would end up alone or dead in no time at all.

The MC (Usa-kun) is also kind of a dumbass, which leads to plenty of infuriating events.
But i can't blame any of the characters or the story, after all it's all the authors doing.

This could have been a nice story about an introvert and an extrovert falling in love (that's what i would have wanted), but i should have know it was gonna be crap when the author mentioned it in the beginning that they originally just wanted to write something with dirty jokes, which would have meant it was for a more mature audience, but even that failed, there is nothing mature about this, hell there wasn't a single kiss in the whole damn thing, just some hand-holding and hugging a few rare times, how innocent/immature can you get ?

This is the kind of manga that puts me off of reading manga for like 6-12 months.

Also the ending was weak as shit, the MC's romance (and the MC's themselves) just quietly faded into the background and instead we got to see more of my "favorite" character and a bunch of other very marginal characters.

And where does granny come of forbidding their relationship ? Rit-chan basically owns the building and once she turns 18 she can do whatever she wants.
Because of that and other nuisances, like constantly being spied upon, the main couple barely got to confess and when they did it was in the worst way possible (more of that bullying from the author is showing here) and of course there was no way in hell they could kiss, even holding hands was a challenge, so because of the lack of any real intimacy it felt like they never actually became a couple, not a serious one anyway. The author really ruined/failed at everything.

This got a rating of 5 from me, without the 2 b*tches and the masochist it might have been a 6.5 and with a better ending maybe an 8, if it actually had been made for a mature audience (18+), with unfiltered jokes and at the minimum a bunch of kissing it might have been a 10.

P.S. i read the CR version most likely (from nyaa), the translation was kinda/pretty bad in places, they didn't even erase the japanese text and wrote over them in places, sometimes it didn't make much sense, but that again is probably the authors fault, like trying to bridge 2 sections of the story with poorly thought out actions, some of the choices were so illogical.

Supporter
Well I guess that if you read this expecting a wholesome romance, you can only be disappointed. But I must say that as the old fart that I am, I really had great laughs reading this, particularly the Mayumi character who is so outrageous I could not stop laughing at her particularly vulgar jokes. Shiro has his good moments too. I really see this manga more like a parody of standard rom-com mangas for adults than anything else and it's rather good in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread