Bokurano: Ours

Power Uploader
All chapters uploaded, please shoot me a PM if any issues are found.
Enjoy!

Double-page supporter
One of the best series I have ever had the pleasure to read. It hits pretty hard but it's worth it. Last 10-15 chapters are savageness incarnated in succession.

High Octane Depression Fuel and hands down the best thing Kitoh's ever done.

Edit: I've reread it. I've read it three times in my life. Once when I was a burgeoning weeb who got into it because I heard it favorably compared to Evangelion (which was and still is a series I hold close to my heart) ten or so years ago as of the time of this writing, another a few years later and the last yesterday. Even after the years and even with a different translation (the earlier reads were the ones done by mangascreener and Hox while the latest was the one done by Viz. Just for a change and if they were going to censor anything like Dark Horse did for Narutaru. Spoilers for those who care enough to read this damned blogpost
I was shocked by how much I remembered the conversations, the dialogue (albeit with different wording) the stories of characters that I didn't seem to care about. And as I reread, I didn't feel depressed at all. I felt happy. Yes there are elements that are sad like Honda's entire arc which is admittedly the weakest part of the story for me and the whole nature of the struggles and what not, but I felt happiness more than anything. Seeing the characters who were at the cusp of life have to deal with imminent death and deal with that universal horror in strong ways was just wonderful. Seeing characters like Kirie find reasons to fight, seeing Komoda and Tokosumi make up with their fathers, Mako learn that her parents always loved her like their own flesh and blood, and all of them accomplishing those things before their encounters with death. Well that was all just beautiful. Even Jun's face as he experiences the hell of battle was a testament to how much he changed as a person, as was his decision to even enter the contract and Koyemeshi is the one whose development is the starkest of all. I've heard it been called a heavy handed edgefest that slaughters kids for contrived reasons and I won't hold it against you if that's what you think of it, but I love this manga. I really do. I would be more than thrilled if someone did the extra chapters included in the deluxe edition.

Chapter 64 isn't missing, it's just labeled 64.1. Any way to change that?

Fed-Kun's army
Absolute fucking masterpiece. Set aside a saturday afternoon and read it if you have the time. There's rarely any manga I read that has this much emotional depth that doesn't come across as preachy, over the top, or has shounen "I believe in my nakama!" type moments.

tl;dr this shit will make you feel feelings.

Double-page supporter
I need some god damn fluff after this. There wasn’t an ounce of happiness here, just this unadulterated sadness. Is it the fact that children are the sacrificed for the “greater good” or is it because of their resolution even in the face of death that made my heart hurts so. Despite my dislike for mecha anime/manga, this one is a masterpiece. I literally lost all productivity just to finish this in one sitting.
Such a shame I didn’t read it when it first came out.

While I don't personally think that this manga is quite a masterpiece, I do think that it's an incredible story that tackles the topic of mortality in such an honest, varied way that I don't think any other series has ever come close to. I got through the whole manga in one day and I can confidently say that it's motivated me to look at life in a new way so I think it's a definite must-read.

It's also depressing as hell, goddamn

This really makes you feel human and think about life to whole new levels, we think of death like if it was something very far away, but this story makes you appreciate life and understand the implication of still being alive, and what you would be willing to give up your life for

kis

It's not easy to start with this manga. But once you pass 1/3 you will see the attraction, and get hooked up for the rest 2/3 of the manga. It will be worthy of your time.

Dex-chan lover
Great read. Stories that aim to tackle such difficult subject matter don't often pull it off as tastefully as this.

8 to 8.5 /10, it really makes you feel like you're Batman Jun Ushiro.

The Bokurano special collection volume 5 is out now, hope we can get the scan for that new chapter soon

Jesus Christ man, that last volume fucked me up GOOD, holy shit...
Also 9.5, wouldn't really recommend to anyone tho

Users who are viewing this thread