Boon ga Ijime ni Atteita You Desu

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@kebabremover

Did boon say or think he was trying to kill himself? it's perfectly feasible he was using the other guy to soften his landing. boon was crying because he couldn't stand it if he didn't kill the bully.

Also, we don't know when tsun became a core part of boon's life in tsunbaka because we only see them in high school, she may have only became a core in 2nd or 3rd year.

it could just be a temporarily happiness at 'flying'. maybe the readers didn't know about tsunbaka at the time they posted. Why don't you post in there and ask the readers there whether tsunbaka is a sequel?

Boon already exists in both universes, non canon spin-offs usually feature the character under a different name or different appearance.

I want clarification. both you and mrTwister just added links and stated your views contrast with me which caused more confusion. unless there is clarification, tsunbaka makes perfect sense as a sequel to this.

Group Leader
@cgr read tsunbaka properly, boon met her when she was a brat.

Did boon say or think he was trying to kill himself? it's perfectly feasible he was using the other guy to soften his landing. boon was crying because he couldn't stand it if he didn't kill the bully.
Jesus, do you think the dude that goes brrrrrmmmmmm as plane can do such thing? You're grasping at straws here.

Fed-Kun's army
Wtf why is this relation to Tsunbaka being there or not such a big thing? I can’t believe this pointless arguing continues after I woke up LOL

Just to make things clear, NO ONE here is the author. Surprising I know, but that’s a a fact. So stop “claiming” that “it makes sense” or “that is the logical conclusion”, it might make sense for you, but is it what the authors intended? Unless you are the author and actually know what the fuck you did in the manga. If you aren’t, then you are not better than anyone here: making fan-theories.

A ton of people who read Evangelion and all these other philosophical works all have their own way of interpreting the meaning of the story. That doesn’t make them any more “logical” than anyone else; ultimately the author is the one who has the most authority when it comes to destroying theories. So stop writing and think for a bit. Or maybe you just want to find something to argue about on this site? Pointless.

Thanks @mrTwister for fixing that. I’ll also restate my own personal and opinionated claim: Tsunbaka and this oneshot has no relation. They both use Boon (which seems like a character YOKO uses in place of the main characters in his short manga, since this Boon and Tsunbaka’s Boon are different both in stature and in personality), but both stories has no direct reference nor any hidden hints. Calling this an alternate story is very generous, even removing the relation to Tsunbaka is correct as well. It looks like “Boon” is simply a main character holder for these short manga, and not really a being with his own identity.

Oh looks like I was also making a fan-theory! Which is also just assumptions. Meaning it’s no concrete facts. Meaning no one needs to give a damn about how I think, or how you think. No one wins in fan theories, besides which being the most popular.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@KebabRemover
met her at childhood: yes

core part of his life before highschool: not stated

after re-reading, I also found that boon's mom looks the same too, (same hairstyle)

@kn1000a
I originally mentioned it so people wouldn't be depressed/confused at this ending. then @mrtwister started contradicting me and his links caused more confusion. If there was clarification to begin with, I wouldn't be annoyed.

Group Leader
The only confused being here is you. You claim this is a prequel because sameface even when they're based on different 2ch threads, people tell you everything points to them not being related and you say "where's your proof", you get explanations and you say they're not enough but your justifications for saying this is a prequel are full of holes and denial.
I originally mentioned it so people wouldn't be depressed/confused at this ending. then @mrtwister started contradicting me and his links caused more confusion.
More like his links went against your idea that they're related. Let people be depressed, let them soak in the sadness that is this fucking tragic tale. Not everything has to have a happy ending, this thing has the tragedy tag for a reason.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@kn1000a
based on different 2ch threads
same author!!!!, so thread doesn't matter

@KebabRemover
Jesus, do you think the dude that goes brrrrrmmmmmm as plane can do such thing? You're grasping at straws here

I've already mentioned this, but Boon has survived from a high fall (From a jump) in tsunbaka with minor injuries, It's obvious that Boon's main goal was killing the bully, so whether it's perfectly possible he wasn't trying to kill himself but just using the fastest way he thought of to kill the bully.

links are in japanese, no direct quote from the links, and one of the links was mistyped, so yes, confusing.

I'll stop posting because you aren't reading my comments properly, and I'm repeating myself too often

Fed-Kun's army
I avoid tagging you @cgr but guess I have to. You are looking for it.

For that, I say show me proof. Evidences. Basically the same stuff you whine about this whole time to mrTwister.

Oh? So your proof is Boon and his mother looks similar? How about I say no to that? Did you even read my comment?
YOKO seems like he likes to use "Boon" as a MAIN CHARACTER HOLDER. For example, he can make a completely different story about going on a quest to slay the dragon - using Boon. Are you also gonna claim it's somehow related to Tsunbaka?

It does not seems like you read manga a lot to realize some mangaka do their things in an interesting way. "Boon" here might as well means a character you can self-inserted into, because he doesn't have a generic nor handsome face. Just like the many hentai MCs with no face. Just like Goblin Slayer who never reveal his face.
Just because someone look alike doesn't mean they have to be connected. You say they look alike, so that's your evidences. I say no, you misunderstood the whole point. "Boon" is a "main character in the manga" but he is NOT a main character in the manga.

Is what I said above facts? Nah. Interesting speculation, but none are facts. The author likely doesn't have anything for us to prove either. It's fine to discuss fan theories, but it is not fine to assume you're the right one or your theories are facts, no matter how much sense and logic it makes.

I'm done here. If you don't get it after this much talk, might as well leave you be. Funny how you call people out for "not reading your comment properly" when you keep editing your comment instead of making new ones LOL

Thanks mrTwister and your group for picking this up, I always appreciate more YOKO manga. The guy and his way of adapting 2ch tales is fascinating.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
PotatoZero has proven me wrong with some pages from Tsunbaka, https://mangadex.org/chapter/237088/193 , which I missed.

I sincerely apologize for my misunderstanding.

I'm here after reading the Mr. Molester manga. Wow didn't expect this kinda backstory...

So what's the conclusion? Alternate Universe or a Prequel?
If you read Molester Man, it should be very obvious that tsunbaka is an alternate reality. Boon is wished better luck in his next reality in the character poll, because at the time of publication tsunbaka was in the works but this story had already been released.

Very funny people had such a heated argument about it 3 years ago when the answer was right there.

Users who are viewing this thread