Booty Royale: Never Go Down Without A Fight! - Vol. 9 Ch. 58 - MACHINE TORNADER

@Iskarioth Conditioning made the difference; Mao Mao was the tougher girl, period, just like many other real-life fighters with granite chins. She also slipped the high-kick with a clinch, which really would've finished her if it landed square on her spine. Finally, the headbutts were done with the dome of the skull, the toughest part of the bone, targeted at the softest parts of Dora's face. The difference between the impossible and the possible is sometimes just a matter of training.

Dex-chan lover
@Jordan90334264 I'm more interested in why so many people adore such scenes with female characters. I could understand the love of bloody action like Baki, but I have little pleasure in watching girls break their jaws or ribs.

Double-page supporter
@DeadKinginHell
You should see what happened to Joanna Jedrzejczyk after her fight with Weili Zhang. https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/03/joanna-jedrzejczyk-ufc-248-hematoma.jpg?quality=80&strip=all Not exactly as brutal has this manga, but man did she transform.

I'm glad the pompous "Fighting should be elegant" was defeated. Scars are a sign of how much you suffered came back from. Those scars showed that Mao Mao could weather whatever was thrown at her to get her "kill". Sure, Dora was talented enough not be scarred, but it also shows she's not used to taking damage like Mao Mao is. Look what happened the second she took damage. It was essentially a glass cannon(Dora) vs. a grappler(Mao Mao).

@Abedeus
I think the paneling was poor. I think it was supposed to be as you said and she sprung in a sneaky headbutt to shake off the hold, then moved on to continuous headbutts. But, because Dora's knee so close to Mao Mao's face in one panel, Mao Mao would've had to move at supersonic speed to pull that off lol. It would've made a bit more sense if she countered the knee sooner.

@Abedeus I respectfully disagree. Go back to the critical panel and you'll see their heads were only inches apart, which is more than enough for a fast headbutt. Also, go on YouTube where you can see fighters lunge their heads from a whole foot away to crush their opponent. Personally, my quibble is that the impact should've struck her in the cheek or nose with the angle of her face, not her jaw.

Dex-chan lover
@1kken Does anyone else think that fighting is an extremely beautiful and dance-like action? Even the Chinese, who actually "invented" theatrical fighting, have created a bunch of films where fighting is literally painful to watch. Not to mention the fact that bloody action is one of the most important pandering of this work and the author as a whole.

@SuperOniichan There are definitely some people who get off to women being beaten, hence why Ryona is a notable fetish (though the term itself can be applied to abuse received by any gender). But I personally feel this violence is tempered by consent and egalitarianism, in that all these women are professionals who willingly volunteered to fight each other on the same terms (with a couple of exceptions). It's the reason why women's MMA is seen as an empowering sport, not an exploitative one, though there is a notable pay-gap.

With that said, the robot definitely changes things since none of the women signed up to face that. I hope it's programmed to register 'pain' and 'damage' like a human body, or else this is going to get nasty.

Dex-chan lover
@Jordan90334264 Well, I'm not trying to be one of those shitty dudes who think women should stay in the kitchen and stay away from any kind of violence, I just don't understand why so many people find it exciting and hot. I can quite enjoy action with strong, physically developed women, but seeing them suffer up to severe injuries makes me somewhat uncomfortable too. Before starting this arc, Rui-sensei also tried to formulate it as something feminist and girls power-ish, but it still seems objectifying to me, because it's still fun with strong women who break each other's bones to entertain horny guys.

Well, if you want, I can give you some spoilers, but otherwise, personally, I just instinctively forgot about its existence, lol. I love relatively realistic fighting, but in this case I'm just not a fan of robots as trope.

@superoniichan Very kind of you, but no thanks, I don't need spoilers.
Also, yes, fighting is inherently objectifying, both for male and female pro-fighters. So is modelling/bodybuilding, and sex work, again for both genders. But if there are standards to protect the rights and safety of those who work in these fields by preventing coercion/exploitation, then they are professions just like any other. Even objects can be treated with dignity and care; just look at your nearest museum.

Dex-chan lover
@Jordan90334264 No problem, I just don't really like it when people preach against alcoholism with a bottle of vicky in hand. So at least I appreciate that Rui-sensei added the word "incredibly problematic" to the original synopsis, lol.

Dex-chan lover
That's the Mao Mao I expected to see! You don't just survive coup after coup, genocide after genocide in Myanmar just so some blonde shiksa can do you in... did not disappoint!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Not super stoked for Battle-chan(even if it -does- have them Raiden feet)

Dex-chan lover
this manga has really turned into another genre in this arc 😮

Users who are viewing this thread