Booty Royale: Never Go Down Without A Fight!

Dex-chan lover
I love how the author just goes with whatever he craves on the moment and how there is no one on the steering wheel in the editorial department.

Please make it giant mecha fights with robotic dildos like swords and in the end is just the mc's imagination because she is in coma after falling from the staircase of the plane she came from Okinawa when she decided to come first.

Dex-chan lover
@mug3n Would you be surprised if I said that a few volumes ago, in the spin-off, there was literally a moment when the metaphorical Michael Jordan in the editorial department told him "please stop"? It was almost unbelievable, but Rui-sensei was able to achieve it.

@superdupermangatrooper I do not know. I think that they will obviously try to smooth out some particularly problematic lines in the dialogues.

Dex-chan lover
when did this turn into a martial arts manga? I mean the first chapters was about a girl not wanting to become an av actress, very werid.

Dex-chan lover
@ryan1010 Rui-sensei has actually always been the author of lewd fights, not the other way around. But don't worry, it seems like the Japanese audience agrees with you and he has promised to return to the "roots" after the end of this arc. That is, somewhere in the region of 100 chapters.

P.S. First chapters, huh. It quickly turned into a ridiculously grotesque smut about karate girl as early as the second volume, when Rui simply found the original premise too troublesome to develop. Although who knows, there are theories that this cross-cutting theme is still developing and will come to its logical end someday.

With each chapter I feel like we are getting more and more panels (and poses/lines of action) from Baki. This is hilarious, the author is so talented.

Dex-chan lover
@NihilistNeet Talented in Baki inspiration? I understand what you meant, but because of the structure of the phrase, it sounded a little ambiguous, lol. And yes, the author is a big fan of Baki and several other sports shonen too. So much so that some of the characters or style elements were literally nods.

@SuperOniichan lol you're totally right! I should re-phrase that.
Just in case, I find him extremely talented because the author can use panels from series like Baki (which has a very distinctive style) without compromising his own style. It feels completely natural. Doing something like that, consistently, requires complete mastery of his own style, on top of knowing Itagaki's art by heart.

And the hilarious part is that this is mostly an ecchi comedy manga. Compared to what you'd expect from most ecchi comedies... Takatou is so extra about the ecchi-action aspect of it, that we can seemingly go from a JAV studio to an MMA ring (and it still doesn't feel too crazy).

@SuperOniichan I doubt they'll publish the spin-off. Oy vey, always with the censoring of "problematic" content. They should leave it as is, especially since it will be printed on their mature line and it definitely has the warning sticker on the cover for a reason. No need to tone down the dialogue, the synopsis lets the reader know what they're in for.

Dex-chan lover
@superdupermangatrooper Not spin-off of course, but some of the dialogue is either too provocative or so too provocative that it gets ridiculous lol.

@NihilistNeet Yeah, I think this is the case when an author is obsessed with another author in a good way. I mean, he's trying to do something of his own based on Baki, not just copy it to get his Baki with blackjack and whores. It's like Nanoha's connection to Gundam, you can see a ridiculously large bunch of references and nods, but it's still good original work.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan Yeah... The infamous chapter. I didn't read it because nope, but yeah, pretty much they let him do whatever he pleases.

At first I was more invested because it seemed it was going to be a sort of exposure of the av world with a lighter or dark humor twist but that is completely out now. Not that I complain, I like stupid shit like this, but it's a pity.

Dex-chan lover
@mug3n I am most salty due to the fact that in the first volumes the plot did have a consistency and used a lot of funny tropes. But now it's just an episodic comedy.

By the way, for anyone who didn't catch the news;

In Summer 2022 the mangaka announced that he was retiring as a mangaka (he had found another job) due to "family circumstances", which was widely inferred to mean that his family didn't like him being basically an h-mangaka and that this series would be on permanent hiatus after Chapter 104.

Users who are viewing this thread