Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu - Vol. 8 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
She has a way of not communicating. Well, other than violence.

That's a bit of a dark future she sees him in.

He doesn't quite look like a dwarf.

I don't think she can complain about sexual harassment after all assault she's committed...

This smile was better than the one at the end of the last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is whole lot of nothing even the scene of him and the kid have more substance than this truma dumping chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is whole lot of nothing even the scene of him and the kid have more substance than this truma dumping chapter.
This happens a lot in the novels. The main story is superb but you have to go through a lot of side crap like this. Still the novels are a solid 4~4.5/5 for me most of the volumes (notably vol 5, vol 6 and vol 7 they are goated) and (except volume 3, that sh*t is a 0.5/5 and shouldn't exist)

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure I lost braincells trying to understand what anyone was saying or doing this chapter (not just the dwarf girl who in universe talks "rough"). Like who the hell even was that random farmer who told the MC he could stay in the village? Was he the village chief? A guard? Just a random farmer loitering at the entrance? All of the above? And why the heck would he respond to "I at least wasn't seen as a thief today." and who the heck would give that answer when someone asks how it went? (my head canon is that the farmer dude's "that's great" was him internally saying "this guy's nuts.")

I really hope this chapter was intended to be comedic because I just laughed at every other page and like twice as hard when the whole backstory with the dad going from blacksmith to alcoholic popped up. Also Barun (daughter) gave major Gordon Ramsey vibes. And like specifically the Key and Peele sketch version 🤣.

Dex-chan lover
Kuudere dwarf blacksmith was cute. I kind of doubt we will see her again.

Contributor
Sports festival arc was about making some progress between the prince and Iris.

So we begin a new arc and it seems to be about Kururi's blacksmithing again?

I got bamboozled, I actually thought the ice queen dwarf girl was the real Barun. Knowing JP pronouns aren't as gendered as English is, I thought the "him" and "Mr." was a TL mistake since "-san" can be Mr. or Miss but that ended up working against me since in the end she wasn't the original Barun after all.

So the legendary blacksmith was originally her father, and she just assumed his name and continued the legend because she wanted to keep his smithing legacy alive. That comic sketch on page 21 was a sorry sight, don't make Eliza cry like that. So she was talking about her own dad after all, not some premonition of Kururi's ruin scenario.

She's funny. Too bad she's leaving already and I don't even think Kururi learned much from this.

Alright, she's gone like a storm and we didn't even get to know her real name. So this isn't a new arc like I thought since I don't think she's showing up again after a while. Felt filler-ish, but she'll likely play a role in the future, right?

Users who are viewing this thread