Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki-kun - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Talk to Three Girls!

Double-page supporter
One of the things I had to learn early on in voice control is that saying things with a smile actually changes the way your voice sounds. I guess that's why they tell people at call centers to smile over the phone. Smiling is important.

Dex-chan lover
This reminds me of the time I started high school, I had been to a all boys school before, and was shy, so yeah, generic but so even worse around girls,
But then I knew I had to change so I always used to try to be funny and make sarcastic and funny remarks
I didn't make any close friends due to but people would always turn to me to make funny statements to entertain them whenever it got boring, people naturally started assuming I'm some sort of jester
Was really frustrating

Dex-chan lover
At first glance this seems guilty of the same thing that "teen romantic comedy..." manga failed so hard at (well, one of the things it failed at) namely that this is not the way outcasts and ordinary people interact at all.
He was accepted into the conversation way too easily for someone who had been isolated.
In a real life situation everyone would have been a lot more stand-off-ish and everything would have been very awkward. Nor would anyone have been very interested to continue the conversation beyond giving him a handkerchief.

Dex-chan lover
they're just people jeez... what up with putting people in unnecessary pedestals

This is just plain stupid. Why would he even follow her along her stupid plan? Because she's a cute girl? Well boy then that's fucking stupid, because if I had to live while acting I would be dead. And don't get me started on the "I was like you but I worked hard" shit because that's too fucking stupid on many viewpoints.

Fed-Kun's army
Bro what the actual fuck. I'm probably the same age as this guy and have the same amount of human interaction, but I can at least talk to someone for an hour before running out of energy.

Big talk for someone who is only second in game to someone she call a loser

I can become friends within one minute to someone ive met for the first time in my life while this guy doesnt even meet the mininum standards for human interaction I swear i dont want to be like him

Dex-chan lover
@Cennekie 1) 1/4 of the population plays this game, apparently (it's a spoof-off of smash bros). The population of Japan is 126,243,122, which means the playerbase is 31,560,780 people. Out of 31 million people, she's second place, while maintaining a social life, having good grades, and being athletic. By comparison, the top players of Smash 4 and Ultimate respectively? ZeRo and MKLeo, who, besides smash, had nothing. Samsora was slightly better off, but none of the top players had any school responsibilities.
In conclusion, she's pretty damn well off.

And second, yeah, the MC is just... sad. I talk to whoever I'm next to and can make friends fairly easily, although I don't actually create deep bonds with people.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad he called her arrogant.
I like comeback stories so I guess this is cool and all.
I also like the comparison with games (to some degree). At least within the context of some common high schooler, the "git gud" phrase isn't too outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread