Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki-kun

Double-page supporter
@ZdrytchX

I was under the impression that none of this was meant to be taken as serious advice. I shudder to think of somebody actually using this comedy manga as a guide book to social interactions.

Contributor
It is starting to feel more and more like 'Minamoto-kun Monogatari' but smut removed and toned down and cute version.?

Contributor
@redpandamaniacal While using this manga as a walkthrough for social interactions is probably a bad idea, the underlying concept of the MC changing how he views the process of developing social skills by comparing it to something he is familiar with isn't a bad idea to use, IMO. More of a set of rough guidelines, as opposed to a walkthrough.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I literally lasted until second page of the first chapter. This must be a new record.

This is somewaht refreshing , it has generic otaku to riaju journey setting , but simply executed well

The MC isn't too close-minded but not open-minded either , he's wavering between this side or that side . And definitely not stupid which is a good point . This makes me curious how it was written in the LN .

Follow

This is just trash. Cringed like hell reading the first chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The first chapter gives a bad impression as it doesn't really get at what the series is actually about. If you read and dropped it after the first it's understandable but I also suggest actually reading the next two to see what the premise is and how it's executed because it does a significantly better job in the proceeding chapters and characterizes them much better. It most certainly is nowhere near trash.

While the underlying themes or journey from a social outcast to a regular person aren't anything particularly new for manga, it's much much better executed and has far less contrivances or plot soup than types of this manga usually have (so far).

My suggestion of people in this comment section taking advice from this manga was tongue in cheek; there's nothing that will help some people here from being socially retarded mongoloids.

Dex-chan lover
What she said for the clothes picking was horrible financial advice

Dex-chan lover
this is backwards
he needs to build up physique first by playing sports and going to the gym
THEN buy clothes to fit him

Contributor
This manga seems to be following the same problems as another manga I read. The concept of popular person teaching the loner how to socialize is a good one, getting to see the main character change over time is pretty satisfying and the whole My Fair Lady-esque romance development that usually follows is pretty tired but kind of a classic at this point.

The problem is that some of these seem to be aimed towards socially inept people and are more interested in teaching the readers how to socialize than the characters themselves, with long exposition panels and no development of the characters. It ends up being boring as shit, and this manga seems to be going in the same direction sadly.

Yeah, this manga's problem is definitely the way too long expositions and info dumps.

The characters are fun and the best parts are the loner dude's interactions with others, but so much pages are wasted on panels upon panels of large bubbles expositing on the art of conversation for paragraphs on end. It gets weird when you realize the female and male lead have less actual coversations and interactions, and more the girl just spouting info at him (and us). There are some rare moments, like when she gushes over an old videogame or wants to share meals, where the female lead actually acts like a character and not some info dumper, but these moments are far and between.

The fact that the manga keeps recapping the story so far at the start of each chapter is also grating.

IMO, the author should uses Show Don't Tell more, or at least keep the exposition brief. This isn't a cooking manga.

Dex-chan lover
I do agree that the exposition can be much. Last chapter was pretty mediocre because it was mostly just a dump without any movement. This and other ones didn't bother me as much because a lot of it is carried by the main character's personalities. And true, they haven't been excellently defined right now which is a weakness but they give me enough most chapters to roll with it. I think early chapters where he actually had to put his shit into practice were the better ones because as people said it was less info dumpy and more about the execution of the things he's learned.

So yeah, it has it's weaknesses but I'm still enjoying it.

Dex-chan lover
who is agree that this manga story is similar to OtaRia (Omae Otaku Shite yaru kara, Oreni Riaju Shite Kure)?

Users who are viewing this thread