Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki-kun

Dex-chan lover
The manga is great
Character is great, lesson is reasonable

But man, chapter 1-3 sold so bad
This is my 3rd read, two previous read was stopped by the 1st 3 chapters.

It's cringe, gaming vs life, ...
Now I just skip over the game aspect.

Too bad the manga is so far behind the light novel and soon the anime.

I really enjoyed this series at first. I read the manga that was available and then I read the light novels. After reading the light novels and finding out that he dates Fuka instead of Aoi just left me feeling so meh. Now I don't even want to watch the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Somewhere along the way this becomes less about “training” him and more about pushing Hinami’s absurd ideals onto the MC

also people here usually dont like overpowered MCs but is fine with this overpowered FMC? She can do literally everything, why?

This isnt realistic at all fyi, you cant force people to be so social like this. Encouraging him to make one or two really good friends would’ve been much better advice but wouldnt fly as the romcom its trying to be i guess

@DeathGrinx

LN spoiler
In volume 3 Tomozaki rejected Hinami's mission which forces him to confess to Kikuchi during their fireworks festival date (because their ship sails smoothly more than what she had expected). When Tomozaki confronted her about her method that feels insincere, it triggered a fight and they broke their ties. Tomozaki back to usual self and shut himself during summer holidays, not caring about his surrounding due to depression. That's when Kikuchi came to save him, with her wise advice, Tomozaki patched his friendship with Hinami again by challenging her in the game of life. He challenged Hinami that he can beat her in game of life by enjoying the game, not just pursing the META alone like Hinami. So, they rekindled their friendship again, Hinami still gives Tomozaki advice from time to time, but he also learned many things from his friends like Kikuchi and Mizusawa.

That's why I advised people to go read the first three volumes of LN because it's only the prelude/introduction for the series.

As for the romance itself, it was clear if you read the LN that Tomozaki and Kikuchi loves each other, and in volume 7 Tomozaki confessed to Kikuchi and they started dating. Hinami and Tomozaki's relationship has always been the same, a friend, a teacher, and mostly a rival.

Hinami also has a backstory that not fully revealed (I suppose) until volume 9, which I haven't read yet. But there are two chapters dedicated in volume 6.5 and 8.5 which tells about her past, which are told from third PoV as to avoid to reveal's Hinami's emotion. It was clear to me that the author was holding back for the penultimate moment that seems to be revealed in volume 9. The author says if you're reading it while watching the anime/reading the early volumes, you'll understand Hinami's motive and action. From what I heard, many people who have read it praised it as another turning point of the series yet again, and the culmination of the story so far.

@Ageha_Yoru OH MY GOOOOD !!!!
Thanks for the quick reply !! :D
It seems very interesting, i think i will read the LN now ... at first i thought that MC will be in love with Hinami but smth about it felt off (my favorite genre is romance in animes/mangas) so based on "my experience" i see them like walking a thin line between friends & lovers.
Thanks for the info again :D if you read this on the future, can i ask for more spoilers? XD
I know i should read it but in terms of romance i became somewhat impatient, so please bear with me :3

@Ageha_Yoru Thanks for the spoilers as well.

That's a surprising twist. It seems much more mature than I expected, especially since Tomozaki is honestly trying to just enjoy life rather than live at the very top like Hinami.

Really not a fan of Hinami and her personality. Its just so overbearing as she aims to be the best at everything while shoving her own ideals down the MC's throat. And overall I'm just not feeling it, it just feels too artificial.

@RetroBoomer:
that's kinda the point, Tomozaki in volume 3 (LN) blatantly points it out to her. The manga is still adapting that volume (right at the climax) and we will have to wait a long time until it get translated, but then again, anime will have it adapted, and LN translation is already surpassed that point. It's a weird situation because there's no point reading the manga again (IMO), I'd rather have Mimimi spinoff manga gets translated.

Double-page supporter
So from reading the comments, it seems that the main heroine will never get with Tomozaki, tbh IDK how I feel about that, but at the same time, I don't mind. Can someone send a link for the LN?

@webakinem They still could get together. My theory is that at the end of the series they will get together. Maybe hinami starts to fall in love or something. Though hopefully its not like Nisekoi and gets resolved in a few chapters, would like it to be fleshed out.

@Ageha_Yoru
Do you think Hinami could still get together with tomozaki at the end? My reasoning for this is that Hinami is regarded as the final boss or pinnacle of life numerous times. Im not a LN reader but heard rn she is going through her own struggles but once thats resolved she will be even more perfect than before. Tomozaki dating her would be symbolic in beating life in a way. Also as @thegiantpossum pointed out, Tomozaki is more so enjoying the game of life than trying to beat it anymore. So hinami also dating him could maybe help her find a purpose in life as well.

Users who are viewing this thread