I Can Go Adventuring by Myself, Mom!: The Son Raised by the Strongest Overprotective Dragon-Mom

Maybe this manga is deeper then it seems. Like parody on irl narcissists or smth.

Dex-chan lover
Description: Please read the title again.

HAHAHA that get me good XD

@deerafl She's not Omnipotent,she's a fake Omnipotent or maybe the author just make her op and has every character weak for the humor to have a over protect mother

Dex-chan lover
I just imagined that his mom is actually a VR player and she just mods things into being. I don't fucking know, go away!

I feel like this would be more interesting if the mom was just a regular top-tier adventurer that retired to dote on her son instead of a broken AF immortal dragon. Choosing the latter over the former means A.) no tension because you know OP mom will solve any problem that arises and B.) it comes off as extremely creepy, she's basically a demigod that kidnapped a human child to keep as her pet. There's nothing endearing about the way she acts, its more a disturbing sort of feeling like I'm watching a borderline pedophile/child abuser(which is admittedly super fucking common in manga, though the genders are usually reversed).

If they did it as more of a psychological horror about a kid trying to escape the grasps of his overbearing insane immortal mother that might be cool, but as a comedy it just falls flat since its not that funny watching a kid be mentally abused by an ancient creature masquerading as a mother figure.

Dex-chan lover
@ForcedFun so what you saying is this manga makes a good Hentai?
so when it going to happen i can't wait ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fed-Kun's army
@ForcedFun
Big agree, the mom is unlikeable and creepy. Somehow this manga manages to be a generic fantasy adventure manga and a weird momcon creep show at the same time.

Double-page supporter
@ForcedFun

Not gonna lie, the retired high tier adventure mom idea sounds a lot more interesting the more I read this.

Dex-chan lover
@Forcedfun
Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it that way, but from a certain point of view, you're absolutely right.
But from another point of view, a more japanese point of view, where the Hikaru Genji Plan is a thing. Which they learn about in high school. Well... looking at it from that certain angle, it might not seem so creepy?
To them at least. Personally I think that is even MORE creepy, on so many levels.
But it's a common japanese trope.

Users who are viewing this thread