Boukyaku Battery

One word : very underrated.

The plot is unique and different from the typical sport manga. There are a couple of characters being highlighted in this manga, particularly the two prodigies battery. I love how there’s some mystery to be uncover as to why the genius Kaname Kei (one of the battery) lost his memories and became an idiot. After reading chapter 29 all I can say is ITS FKN AMAZING and suprisingly the reason is deeper than what it seems.

The manga has a good balance between serious and humorous. Overall I had great laughs in almost every chapter. The characters are memorable esp (obviously) Kanami Kei haha he’s really funny.

I thought the story will be similar to Kuroko No Basket with the illogical power ups, but surprisingly it’s about how these different characters came together and build a team from pretty much scratch… and overcome their inner demons relating to baseball. I love how the author use more logical approach in the story building. Also the characters are very consistent with their personality and strength ( eg kei was a competitive player that will do anything to be closer to victory, and it can be shown on how we would make sure his hips don’t drop when he’s catching the pitch or how he’s right handed but he bat left so he can save time running to the first base… or the fact that he has a great observational skills even when he lost his memories) .

However despite all of these amazing skills and achievements it was hinted that he looks empty/miserable at times.. So this really surprised me how the manga took this turn instead of the typical “i’m weak but I’m going to be best in the world and work hard for it! “

If the translation of this manga were to be completed, I think it’ll be one of my favourite sport manga.

Thank you for the TL and im super excited to see the animeee!! Hopefully I can access to the official serialization T-T because I wanna know more about general Kei haha

Last edited:
Thank you to the translator for giving us the means to enjoy the story aside from waiting for a new ep every week ㅠㅠ

I watched the trailer for the anime and got curious after watching it a couple of times (blame mrs. green apple), then I decided to read the manga ahead and promptly fell down the rabbit hole lol

I just love the core five so much, and I hope we'll get to know/uncover the mystery of kei's amnesia soon (if there will be another group going to pick up the tranlation)

PS. hope more people will give this a chance and stop getting put off by kei in the first chap/ep ffs, he's more than he's idiotic exterior

Thank you so much for translator, I watched the anime and died laughing several times, and then when the more serious part started I knew this was special. the manga is just as good and it's lovely to be able to continue the story, so, again, thank you!!!!

Waaahh thank you for continuing to TL! I genuinely love this series and hold it so close to my heart and after the anime I've been craving for more content so thank you so much for the continued TLs :] !! I hope more people give this series a chance because it is genuinely one of the most lovely sports series I've seen and i love all the characters so much!! It really is a hidden gem and i hope it gets more popular in EN/Western spaces (as i know it is relatively popular enough in japan to get various popup cafes) (´;ω;`)

Users who are viewing this thread