Bouncer

Group Leader
cover of the volume 9
33101v9.250.jpg

@xMirage Yes, Mizuta Makoto is also the artist for Out. Bouncer and Out are set in the same universe and sometimes have references to each other.

I'm loving this. It's giving me so much nostalgia for the Crows and Worst series.

Dex-chan lover
Nice idea, solid concept for a character, even if albeit goofy, since there really is a lot that the MC can work on himself throughout the story.
It's just too bad that from what I've read, the story has a huge boner to shit alllllll over the MC. Both his enemies, and his allies. All I've seen is just endless negativity with no redemption in sight. The rationalization of all of these actions, were completely arbitrary and nonsensical.

In the end, all I got was that this story wants to generate drama real bad. And unlike most "shounen" works, this one thrives on negativity. It's essentially a tamer version of a Chinese story, a dystopia in which everyone are constantly angry, violent, and abhorrent.
P.S: To be fair, that^ rant was about the first 7 chapters. Maybe it "grows out of it", but I really doubt it. The author has shown that he wants to write about how much "unfair life is". That's not gonna go away so easily.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I love the vibe it gives. MC, boss, and the other characters are great. Gives that Sun-ken rock feel and I like it.

I really enjoyed the latest chapter and how it told the reader hard work does not give you what you want but in the end even if it does betray you, you should just continue anyway

@Solipsist the chapters up until now are not even remotely representative of the rest of this manga, starting now is when you see the true nature of this work. It is honestly the darkest and most intense manga I have ever read, and it really does show how "bad" someone trapped in the gang lifestyle can truly get. This manga is like "Out" (by the same author) on steroids.

Dex-chan lover
@intheoryyy
Wow, okay. I actually forgot about this one.
Uhh...Okay. I just wanna say, that technically speaking, all of what you wrote doesn't change anything about what I wrote like half a year ago...A "really dark and intense manga" can still very easily be about victimizing the MC to heck without end in sight.
But I guess it gets a bit "smarter" as it goes along? That's nice, at least.

@liquidsword depends what your preferences are regarding manga. I believe Out has a better plot and has steady development. Bouncer has much more violence and gore, and I prefer the absolute badassness of this manga. The plot of Bouncer increases rapidly starting this chapter, and I personally prefer this one due to how irredeemably "bad" the main characters are. Spoiler below, to show you what's in store very soon with this manga:

Within the next two-three chapters, you'll see several individuals ruthlessly murdered and disposed of. From here, the rest of the manga contains extreme violence that has only been seen in the most recent chapters of Out.

Users who are viewing this thread