Boy Meets Shinrei Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Ghostly Influencer

Power Uploader
Joined
Jun 3, 2018
Messages
1,610
So the ghost can instinctively select whose camera to show up on? Or does having a sixth sense somehow extend your power to whatever you're holding?
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Messages
339
Let me guess, Mofuku's fame is from collaborating with this ghost to make the best content, and he quit uploading because she stopped working with him for some reason, or he died and she was just looking for her next partner to haunt/work with.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 1, 2025
Messages
1,093
So the ghost can instinctively select whose camera to show up on? Or does having a sixth sense somehow extend your power to whatever you're holding?
Any amount of time spent thinking about this is too much, but if I had to guess, it's one of those things where cameras can always see ghosts, but only some humans can see them not on-camera? Pg. 4, 5 makes it seem like some people can see some ghosts, at least. But the other streamers had too-weak ghost-fu and couldn't see her to point their cameras at her?
I respect that this series so far is unafraid to make everyone involved in streaming look kinda awful.
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
Jul 3, 2019
Messages
42
Looks cute, I'll give this a go.

I feel like with all the cute or hot ghost stories that come out these days, it isn't the ghosts who will haunt people, but the gooners who will haunt the ghosts. The dead get no rest. :dogkek:
So, you're saying we're seeing a boom of people putting the romance back in necromancy?
 
Group Leader
Joined
Feb 15, 2026
Messages
71
Any amount of time spent thinking about this is too much, but if I had to guess, it's one of those things where cameras can always see ghosts, but only some humans can see them not on-camera? Pg. 4, 5 makes it seem like some people can see some ghosts, at least. But the other streamers had too-weak ghost-fu and couldn't see her to point their cameras at her?
I respect that this series so far is unafraid to make everyone involved in streaming look kinda awful.
One of the more recent chapters in Volume 1 tries to explain it (I believe Chapter 4?) but even that is kinda confusing.

From what I can gather it works like this:

Person A can see ghosts
Person B is a ghost
Person C is any observer who cannot see ghosts or spirits without being in a divine realm (See: Chapter 3 or Chapter 4)

Person A has a camera, and tries taking pictures of, or recording Person B
Person C is watching the camera of Person A and able to see Person B
If Person C tries to look at Person B without looking at Person A's camera and cannot see ghosts, they will not see them, but can see Person C if they are looking through a medium like the camera
If Person A is "interacting" with Person B (either through touch or otherwise) then Person C is able to see Person B through the camera
If Person A is holding the camera, Person C is able to see Person B

There's just one problem:
I guess if Person A is neither holding the camera nor interacting with Person B they still show up?...
(See: Chapter 4 or 5)

I tried making sense of it, but my conclusion is that as long as Person A is intended to be streaming with a ghost in the vicinity, they'll show up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top