Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 144 - Heroine

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering what happened to her when I did a reread of this a few weeks back but glad that the author showed that you can be happy if you leave this town. Hope she'll guide Chako to be in a better mindset & conclude her arc without pain. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that’s a bit motivational. Telling Chako not to wait around for someone to make her a main character in their story and make herself the MC in her own story.
I truly hope that Chako takes those words to heart, leaves the town and finds happiness elsewhere. And maybe we can get a scene where Reiji and Chako bump into each other after both having left the abyss in the past.
Maybe I’m just hoping for a lot.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well the author really did pull a character out of nowhere, but I won't complain because she deserves this new ray of hope.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the story is ending the charecter's final arc in the exactly opposite of how they were introduced, Esemori was a man who didn't really care about anything really but by the end of his character arc, he became someone who is ready to face retribution and finally recognises his faults, in the same way, Gen started off being a bully who has sworn to never let Reiji leave the town but by the end of his arc, he himself recognises how wrong he was and gives himself up to the police, implying he has given up on the abyssal town himself. I want to see Chako's final arc ending up in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread