Boy's Abyss - Vol. 16 Ch. 155 - Unsatisfying

Dex-chan lover
Good to see Ms. Shiba's still the most relatable character. Gotta love her manipulative liar streak, she really will do anything for love.

Dex-chan lover
Why did Reiji let Nagi go? Who knows when he'll see her again. He did nothing to stop her, which annoyed me a lot. And Yuri is so attached to Reiji that she could kidnap Nagi and lock her in the table tennis room.
What is he supposed to say to her at that moment? Her revelation about the tragedy in the earthquake probably fried his brain a little bit, and judging by how Nagi acts, it's clear she isn't in the mood for chit chat.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that’s crazy, they titled this chapter about how I feel after reading 155 chapters of this god forsaken manga

Dex-chan lover
Why did Reiji let Nagi go? Who knows when he'll see her again. He did nothing to stop her, which annoyed me a lot. And Yuri is so attached to Reiji that she could kidnap Nagi and lock her in the table tennis room.
Too tired, hurt, and scared to keep pushing.
She rejected him, he backed off.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that’s crazy, they titled this chapter about how I feel after reading 155 chapters of this god forsaken manga
Life rarely has satisfying endings for people this far gone.
Also remember that in the story, barely any time has passed, thinking of this as a drama and not a typical manga might help with the dissatisfaction.

I understand though, it gets frustrating at times, but from the characters perspective it makes sense.
Something tells me Ryo is doing this on purpose though, to make the impact of whatever happens in the future hit harder.
Shows like Better Call Saul did this "style" quite a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Life rarely has satisfying endings for people this far gone.
Also remember that in the story, barely any time has passed, thinking of this as a drama and not a typical manga might help with the dissatisfaction.

I understand though, it gets frustrating at times, but from the characters perspective it makes sense.
Something tells me Ryo is doing this on purpose though, to make the impact of whatever happens in the future hit harder.
Shows like Better Call Saul did this "style" quite a lot.
Bro this manga is too far gone from reality to take reality into consideration. I just want something to happen, cuz there haven’t been any real important conclusions so far, satisfying or dissatisfying

Dex-chan lover
We should consider the option of Yuri being dirty just because she ran all the way to Reiji's house who's actually far from Shibasawa's.
Yeah, but still, it's a weird thing to focus on, especially on the last page with Ms. Shiba telling her family to "stay out of there".
Doesn't make much sense unless she has something to hide... or will have something to hide.

Dex-chan lover
Bro this manga is too far gone from reality to take reality into consideration. I just want something to happen, cuz there haven’t been any real important conclusions so far, satisfying or dissatisfying
Gen and Chako managed to escape their abysses, Mr. Esemori owned up to his mistakes and took accountability.
That's a pretty satisfying conclusion. That's 3 main characters done there.
Did you just skip all of that?

Also if you think this manga is too far gone from reality, you likely don't understand these characters or lived this type of life, or at least not to such an extent.

Dex-chan lover
Gen and Chako managed to escape their abysses, Mr. Esemori owned up to his mistakes and took accountability.

Also if you think this manga is too far gone from reality, you likely don't understand these characters or lived this type of life, or at least not to such an extent.
Yeah, I haven’t had a sexual relationship with my teacher who was also completely psycho. Had an abusive father (who was murdered). Stabbed my mother. My mother wasn’t passed around to pay off debts. I’ve never had a sexual relationship - or almost killed myself with - an idol. Chako, Gen, and Esemori are all side characters, they were often gone for many chapters at a time. Are they important? Sure. Are they main characters? A reach. Do I really care about them? No.

I maintain my stance

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt weird to me. Like really stuffed instead of its usual slow approach. And the ending was a bit weird as well. She takes care of the tennis table room, so what? Without the context of what she's going to do, it's not that good of a cliffhanger.

Dex-chan lover
But considering this manga is obviously going to keep going to, at least, vol. 21, eventually at least 2 of those 3 are going to return to the plot to help Reiji realize there are people who won't leave him behind by any means and make him consider climb from the abyss and free him from Yuko's clutch respectively.

Chako's conclusion isn't done yet. Unlike Gen's, she and Reiji didn't have a closure talk. Ryou may have something in store for her: something that will be detrimental to Reiji's future. And Esemori... given he is owning to his mistakes, he must own to his biggest one: not having accepted and died with Yuko when they were kids. And Esemori is still being shown.

The chapter didn't feel stuffed, even if the ping pong part felt disconnected, it looks like it has to do with Yuri planning to turn it into her house and not with a kidnapping. Also next ch. teases Reiji having a mail exchange with either Kazu or a call with Yuko's bro (it says as a brother. Thinking in the possibilities, he will try to manipulate Kazu into returning to The Town) and that draft Ryou uploaded is hinting at Reiji feeling nothing after finding out/being notified about something. Showing he already died inside and having become into Yuko

For now, even if he is starting to low key despise Yuri, he'll still cling to her. Abandonment and rejection of loneliness are sure a deadly thing that kills someone from the inaide.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chako, Gen, and Esemori are all side characters, they were often gone for many chapters at a time. Are they important? Sure. Are they main characters? A reach. Do I really care about them? No.

I maintain my stance
Could disagree. The story has 7 main characters based on the cover arts. It just happens Reiji is at the center.

But from all of these, Nagi is the one with less screentime, seconded by Gen and Esemori. Reiji is in almost all the chapters because... he's the central main protagonist, Yuri and Yuko are the spotlight stealers and Chako is the next one that gets more screentime.

Dex-chan lover
Nihihi
Are you Nagishippers excited? Next time we see her she'll be railed by bbc

Dex-chan lover
I do think people might be reading too into Yuri’s actions. Even if it’s very much possible she’d want Nagi out of the picture.

What stood out to me more was Reiji noticing how obsessive she is and maybe attempting to put some distance between them. Something that is very stupid considering he is now the one leading her on.

Users who are viewing this thread