Boy's Abyss - Vol. 5 Ch. 44 - Means

Aggregator gang
I used to think that this MC's story was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a fucking comedy.

@Spellbrand I know, yet people can't accept that she's the best one out of all of the available options. Maybe it's time for a (updated) repaste of a comment I made explaining it more clearly...

And this is why Yanderes are hated, because protagonists consistently fuck up at handling them correctly and people misunderstand them / their actions.

She just went [parent meeting ch] and fixed his mom's attitude. The mom was gonna throw him at Gen's dads mercy just like she is, even though her problem was solved years ago. The mom DID want Rei to work instead of uni so she could have it easier, but [school meet chapter is where] teacher's changing the moms tune cuz she's getting called out on it by teacher. Teacher is twisting the moms arm to let her son free of the hell of that town, and offering to bankroll it. Do you see literally anyone else trying to get him out? Or trying to free him of these manipulative filth? Nah. Teach was even gonna cut the relationship off at end of high school and send him off with money. But nah, she's somehow the worst.

And teacher was right, the mom could've stopped the night visits years ago. It's clear she doesn't want to. Not like Reis dad is gonna suddenly come back and start beating him again if the mom stops fucking Gen's dad.

Everyone's tried to trap Rei in the town and the only one offering him free money and a way out is the teacher and shes hated by y'all? Y'all crazy. The rest of the cast are actively gas lighting, lying, locking him down to that town, and/or contributing to the suicide situation.

The mom has gone from trying to throw her son under the boot of the man she's bending over for nightly (for no reason by now) - - the dad of his bully so he'd also continue to be bullied by Gen - - to saying they should commit suicide together. And it's unclear if she did anything sexual to him but that one night scene with her lying on him was clearly fucked up. His family is fucked up including his mom and he needs out of there. Won't spoil next chapter but it shows teachers buy out offer is not about stealing him into her house either, teach just wants him out of his mother's claws and household.

I think smart move would be to roll with teacher, even if he doesn't have sex with her, and get her help to GTFO. Out of the house then out of that town.

And if it wasn't for teachers attempts to throw him a life preserver, this manga would've drowned right along with the protagonist in an ocean of resignation and depression. Even if you hate her you have to admit if she never appeared this manga would've ended with his suicide or a "daily life" consisting of him living a hell where the only thing stopping his suicide is guilt tripping.

Biggest hot take: His mom won't take it because compared to a lifetime of pimping out Rei to Gen's dad as worker then Gen, plus the help at home, it's not worth it. The total value of keeping Rei is more than the value of that cheque so she will keep Rei, simply because owning him like a slave is worth more value. The manga will never show this though, it's subconscious.

I could write more but this wouldn't be a comment it'd be a PDF.

Dex-chan lover
That power play, my goodness. The unabashed madlass.

Sensei carries this entire manga on her shoulder. Nagi who?

Users who are viewing this thread