Boys Run the Riot - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Moderately

@SuperOniichan it wouldn't be quasi-bl if ryou was meant to get with any of the other male characters. It'd just be bl because ryou is a guy. regardless, no, its not meant to be a bl

Dex-chan lover
@murderjosuke Biologically, he is still a woman. And we all know perfectly well how most manga works with trans male characters. To the point that trans male characters have long been a loophole for the yuri to be "more woke".

@SuperOniichan i mean, i dont really think that that's the intention with this manga though. It's a manga about a trans guy w/a focus on fashion written by a trans guy. you'd sort of expect ryou to be handled a lot better than most other trans characters in manga.
and like also >"biologically hes still a woman" you do know that people are more than their biological makeup (even if they're pre-hrt or pre-op), right? Ryou's biological makeup doesn't mean hes less of a guy which is really what you're making it sound like (to me at least).
not to mention it wouldnt even be yuri because, again, ryou is a guy and its literally not meant to be "woke yuri" because of it

Dex-chan lover
@murderjosuke You can ignore the fact that Ryo is physically still a woman by saying pretty lines like "He's a guy!" but that doesn't change the fact that if this manga decides to show a romantic relationship, it will be technical straight or yuri. Or are you a fan of those silly illustrations from the internet where underneath the two women it says "Did you think they were lesbians? No, it's a straight couple with a trans male"? I respect his identity, but I also won't lie to myself in order to be politically correct.
This is one of the reasons why Claudine has always spread as a proto--yuri manga, even though the protagonist was a trans male.

Love when people are annoying as shit about trans people in the comments of a manga with a trans character. why read something if youre just gonna be distespectful about the demographic it portrays? go do something that makes you happy or educate yourself.

trans people are their genders. sex isnt a gender, its a bimodal distribution assigned to people at birth due to physical characteristics. And no, its not always chromosomes since those differ (hence why sex isnt binary but bimodal).

Gender however, is 100% a social construct. Words like boy, girl, man, woman, etc. are all things that are not inherent to our bodies or brains but by the culture around us. Long ago in England, all prepubescent children were called girls, even what we consider boys today. Around the world, different cultures have their own words for different genders.

When people say trans men are men and trans women are women, no one, not a soul is saying that trans men are biologcially the exact same as cis men (males from birth to make it easier) or that trans women are biologically the same as cis women (females from birth). theres no one way to be a woman or a man, physical experiences arent the end all be all for what makes a man a man or what makes a woman a woman. Its reductive and backwards to redice people to their genitals.
What science, sociology, and psychology says is that because gender is socially constructed by our culture, being a man or woman is not ingerently biological.

So yes, a trans man with a woman (trans or not trans) would be a straight relationship. A trans man with another man (trans or not trans) would be a gay relationship.

Also, Claudine was sported as a yuri not because of some objective truth, but because it was created in the 70s. of course people would view this as a yuri, but officially its a shojo manga. Even in the manga itself, those who knew Claudine best called him a man, just that his body "wasnt quite right". But as years go by, society and language progresses. The way we look at things, at people changes when we develop proper language and terminology. As people are becoming less and less afraid to be out as trans, more information is readily available.
Plus as an added note to the story of Claudine!, calling it a yuri is actually disrespectful to lesbians and bisexual women. Because it implies that there are lesbians who just want to be men. Im pretty sure the whole point of being a lesbian is that youre not a man but a woman who is attracted to other women.

anyway, i stated my piece on this issue. As for this manga, I enjoy it a lot! I think its very fun to see a story of a trans boy and his relationship to clothing. I also think its cool to see a story that isnt 100% about the character just being trans, but his interests and goals and friendships. I love the dynamic and friendship between Ryou and Jin a lot!!!

Dex-chan lover
@funkydealer The more you write walls of text here, literally accusing other people that they do not share your views on the issue, or that the relationship between two people with female bodies will be straight just because one of them IDENTIFIES himself as a man, the more it will be alienate other people, as they will find it intrusive and overly politicized. Not to mention the fact that in Japanese culture, gender is still very strongly associated with sexuality, and even now you are more likely to find talk of gender identity in yuri or BL with crossdressing than in direct trans titles.

Also, you might not like it, but the biological sex is really determined by the human genitals. You yourself perfectly understand this, recognizing that gender and biological sex are different things. And no matter how much the activists carry nonsense about "female dicks" or that "men can also menstruate", in reality this will not change anything. Your argumentation in this matter is as ridiculous as an attempt to argue that determining race by skin color is reducing it to skin color and the fact that a person has black skin does not mean that he is black.

Ultimately, what to believe and what to write is entirely up to you. But keep in mind that the more you try to preach rather than voice your opinion, or spread magical thinking under the guise of social justice, the less people will trust you.

Dex-chan lover
@Defaultmeta Sure. Likewise, I am homophobic because I am skeptical about many gay ships and sexist because I don't like titles that are offensive to men. Have I forgotten anything?

Double-page supporter
Yo, heads up to any reading; you're not resisting the oh so dreaded politically correct hive-mind or whatever by having basic misconceptions about sexuality. Usually people are attracted to gendered characteristics, which is why most academics analyse sexuality through gender attraction instead of sex attraction. Scroll down if you dunno what I'm talking about lmao

@SuperOniichan why are you even here? There isn't fan service, it really doesn't have 'cute yuri moments.' Its literally just a transguy gaining confidence and learning who he is as a person. There's nothing here for transphobes.

Dex-chan lover
@gallifreyan100 It's very funny to read this after in the discussion of the last chapter I literally praised the author for the lack of fan service here, lol.

@moikkai Of course, the fact that men love women with large breasts or delicate features is a myth. Well, unless you want to say that large breasts are part of gender, not biological sex.

Double-page supporter
Lmao at the brainlet mod in this thread, canning every comment mentioning transphobia, being offended by a proper use of the English language.

Dex-chan lover
@funkydealer Either you agree with my arguments, or you are dumb. Classic. One more question to develop the topic. If an MC sleeps with another guy, does that "turn" the latter into gay if in your eyes gender automatically determines gender?

@moikkai You are so cute not addressing messages to me directly, thinking that this way I will not notice them.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan Not only was I not addressing you in the latest comment, but yes, I am indeed very cute <3.

Not to mention, I was right. My comment got modded into oblivion for using the sCaRy phobia WoRd, meanwhile you're sweatily checking the comments just to talk shit with your D-tier knowledge of gender relations lmao

Double-page supporter
@BraveDude8 Sure. For future reference, what rule was broken here? Some moderation here seems extremely selective.

@moikkai agreed, that SuperOniichan person has been nothing but argumentative towards anyone saying anything that contradicts him, replying to practically everyone. yet most of his messages are still here.

I would love to see more discussion about the actual plot of this manga though

Users who are viewing this thread