Boys Run the Riot

Fed-Kun's army
look at these clowns getting mad over the politics of someone else's body
chill with the rest of us enjoying the unique story
on that note, cool shit

Contributor
Just got licensed by Kodansha. It’ll release August 2021 in two 400-page omnibus volumes.

Oh it just got officially licensed!!! That's so great!! Now people will finally be able to read it in proper quality : )
I'll continue translating until then for fun, but please support the official release once it comes out. It'd be a much fuller experience to read the series as it was intended, and translated by people who probably know what they're doing, lol

It's so nice to see a story with a trans male lead and a supportive bro! Doing their thing and making their art. The title has been licensed by Kodansha, and will be released in August 2021. The story is also written by a trans man, Gaku Keito.

NOTE:
Mangadex does not have adequate tags for stories with queer characters, so just to be clear, Ryuu is not cross-dressing, and this is not a "haha gender-bender" story. He is a transgender man (born female but is a boy). Ryuu is not out, so many people refer to him as a girl. In the story so far, he is shown to like a girl. This is not yaoi or yuri. It is a story about self expression through art and clothes.

LMAO i love it when transphobes pretend to be biologists but in actuality have no damn clue what theyre talking about and it shows.
anyway, excited for official release next year!!

@ajddavid452 I am not sure exactly why. I assume it is because of the standard lack of consideration for LGBTQ+ people, which I have found to be more prevalent in the general manga reading community. Stories with LGBTQ+ themes and characters are commonly mislabeled as yaoi, yuri, crossdressing, gender-bender, etc. and are often just left to these labels. While there is overlap in these genres and themes, they are not the same thing.

Power Uploader
@ajddavid452

Because Mangadex tags in general are dumb and limited.
“crossdressing” is in practice used for anything remotely “of the gender scale”.

There are only a total of 20 tags or so on this website with much missing.

Meanwhile on Sankaku Complex there are tags as specific as “male swimwear challenge”.

Dex-chan lover
@funkydealer The more you call as transphobes those who disagree with you about something and do it in as large places as possible, the more your position will become more scientific and authoritative.

@manganka This question should not be posed to readers, but to authors who are primarily responsible for making gender identities a yuri / bl titles element or positioning such characters as sexualized crossdressers. I still remember a shoujo manga trying to justify a female character's homosexual tendencies by saying that she "grew up as one of the guys." The Japanese connect gender and sexuality so strongly that such things are common.

@trapsarebetter Crossdressing is just a small thing. It literally annoys me that stories like this are constantly getting the gender bender tag. It's like trans identity issues are like Ranma or Ayakashi Triangle.

@SuperOniichan You just like saying words now, proving you dont know what you're talking about. You replied to another comment of mine where I went into detail about how modern science/biology and psychology ACTUALLY work and you had nothing to actually say about it. So instead, you opted for digging your heels in the ground.
Get a better hobby, for your sake.

Users who are viewing this thread